Urgently Needed.

Right Ive said many times before on here and ill say it again were a few quality players short from competing with the big teams such as Leeds, Wigan and Saints and one of those quality players is a goal kicker.... Here's a few facts to ponder.

Warrington 20-22 Wigan..... 3 goals missed including a penalty.

Warrington 18-28 Saints.... 5 goals missed including a penalty.

Warrington 30-37 Leeds..... 4 goals missed.

Warrington missed goals this season 41 (most in the league)

So from those three games alone if we'd have converted our chances, we'd have beaten Wigan, beaten Leeds today and drawn with Saints, That doesn't include the nail biter away to Huddersfield were we won with 4 points but missed 3 goals and I'm sure there's been a few more close encounters this season.

The fact that we don't have a quality goal kicker is at times really crippling us compared with Hull KR (Dobson), Wigan (Richards), Leeds (Sinfield), Saints (Eastmond)... Those players mentioned can kick goals in there sleep.

We've obviously getting a goal kicker next year who I presume will become number one, however I don't think Hodgson is as good as the players Ive mentioned above (at kicking goals).

My question is should we bring in a goal kicker for the rest of this year ??.. It would mean releasing a player from his contract lets say Mathers but would it be worth looking into ???

The goal kicking situation at wire is atrocious.

I cant believe smith didn't address this in the close season.

A few of briers attempts today were worse than the half time challenge attempts.

Its like non of the Kickers - Briers, Bridge, Hicks or Westwood can be bothered. Someone needs to take the mantle and practice practice practice until they have got it nailed.

I dont think anyone will be released this year but I reckon your right about Hodgson - he is nowhere near a perfect goal kicker and we could find ourselves in the same situation next year too.

Well all I can say is that the Wolves vs Leeds match was FAR more exciting and enjoyable (even though Wolves lost :cry: ) than watching the 'saddo' 'softie' England 'no hopers' 'pathetic effort' of the world cup Footy match :roll::wink:

Dont know anything technical about footy or rugby so please feel free to ignore me :lol:

Hodgson will be number 1 next year and make all the difference.

You think so.. Ill be suprised but i hope your right.

He will certainly make the goal kicking more consistent, wiull thrive as part of a team with a winning mentality and bring along one of the youngsters from the Under 20's to be our full back of the future, who will have come through the "local" quota system. :wink:

You heard it here first!

Hodgson will be number 1 next year and make all the difference.

You think so.. Ill be suprised but i hope your right.

He will certainly make the goal kicking more consistent, wiull thrive as part of a team with a winning mentality and bring along one of the youngsters from the Under 20's to be our full back of the future, who will have come through the "local" quota system. :wink:

You heard it here first!

Sounds like a plan - let's hope it works out for all concerned. 8)