Warrington Transport Festival......

Bazj

I'm sorry but you should have got a parking ticket.. weren't you the one that uploaded the photo of the mayor's car parked on the pavement at the hospital last year (maybe it wasn't you if so I'm sorry)

Think how much revenue you and your fellow classic car boffins may have lost the council by parking in an unauthorised place with a leaflet in your car window warning the bluecoat ticketers away...

Can we all try that.... mine is a classic car too and people often want to look at it...honest :wink::lol:

Makes me wish I had kept hold of my old Vaux Viva with it's black vinyl roof or my horrid brown Triumph 1500tc :lol:

Anyway teasing aside sadly I didn't know it was on but I tend to stay away from Warr town centre where ever possible.

Nice car though ..... :D:wink: (....if you like old stuff where the wheels are no where near as big or as wide as the arches :P)

Amazing to think that's two years older than the Corsair I bought as my first car back in the dark ages.

Still remember the registration though, UGG 714H at the front and UGG 741H at the back. One of them was right but drove it for years without noticing!

Nice job Baz!!!!

Bill :)

I'm sorry but you should have got a parking ticket.. weren't you the one that uploaded the photo of the mayor's car parked on the pavement at the hospital last year (maybe it wasn't you if so I'm sorry)

Think how much revenue you and your fellow classic car boffins may have lost the council by parking in an unauthorised place with a leaflet in your car window warning the bluecoat ticketers away...

Can we all try that.... mine is a classic car too and people often want to look at it...honest :wink::lol:

Makes me wish I had kept hold of my old Vaux Viva with it's black vinyl roof or my horrid brown Triumph 1500tc :lol:

Anyway teasing aside sadly I didn't know it was on but I tend to stay away from Warr town centre where ever possible.

Nice car though ..... :D:wink: (....if you like old stuff where the wheels are no where near as big or as wide as the arches :P)

It was me that posted the photo of the Mayors car.... and I applaud my double standards!!

The wheels are so close ogether in comparison to a new car that it fits between the speed bumps in Bewsey!! (it is also still running on its original tyres too!!)

:lol::lol::wink:

How long have you had it for and how come it's mileage is so low and it is still running on it's original tyres ? Guess it hasn't just sat on them in storage for 43 years or they would be flat at the bottom by now :lol:

:lol::lol::wink:

How long have you had it for and how come it's mileage is so low and it is still running on it's original tyres ? Guess it hasn't just sat on them in storage for 43 years or they would be flat at the bottom by now :lol:

A long story Dizzy (which is why I had the banner made seen next to the car!!)

The car was bought as a second car for some guys wife down London way back in August 1967. She barely used it and at its 4th year MOT it had only covered just over 1600 miles. Then in 1967, the chap decided to take it for a run to Bournemouth but had a crash on the way there. The car had a new wing fitted and the spare wheel was fitted. (the wheel that was originally on the front nearside is still with the car and still has the damaged tyre fitted!)

The car was repaired (quite badly) and the chap and his wife put it away in their garage and it was never driven again until the couple died and the car was found in the garage..... with 1937 miles on the clock.

I bought it in December last year and had it stripped and repainted at Rob Blackleys bodyshop and then did a bit of tuning and stuff and now it runs fine. I still have the original log book and I am just waiting for the replacement v5 which will show me as either the first or second owner!

I do have another one which is absolutely identical in every respect, same colour etc. (except it is only half finished) and that has only done 35,000 miles! That one had a really bad smash back in 2004 and it has taken this long so far to get the bits together!

Sorry couldn't read the banner on the photo.

I was only 3 when the guy bought the car you now have for his wife and then crashed it (typical male driver ha ha ) .. sort of puts it's age into reality :oops::lol:

Great history to tell and well done for bringing it back to it's former glory. I'm impressed and interested.... which is a first for me when it comes to old cars being restored as I am forever being told that I have no heart or soul when it comes to people having their oldies renovated. :oops:

How much do you recon it has cost you all in all to get it running again and looking as good as it does on the pics. At least you don't need to worry about road tax eh.

Good luck with your other one and just think one day soon you will be the proud 'father' of TWINS... I recon you should have the other one painted in baby pink .. one of each and they would look good next to each other :D:wink:

It is difficult to put a cost on it to be honest..... the car cost about ?3,000 to buy, another ?2,000 to strip and paint and then there are the bumpers at a few hundred, door handles, badges etc. which probably add up to another ?1,000 or so.

Not particularly cheap, but seeing as I don't smoke anymore, it is probably about what I used to pay for fags for a year! I gave up 6 years ago so I am still in profit I guess!