This Forum

CP

They are not popular apparently Gary. My postings usually look backward, without causing any apparent interest.

My dad always told me the story of Jolley the Wires pre-war full back. He caught the ball and saw three forwards bearing down on him, so he told them the whistle had gone and flew away. T'was the nearest thing to murder next time he got the ball.

Now that's really looking backwards.

Would be interesting perhaps, to compare the modern game with the post war games. On balance I think modern is better.

Happy days

has died a horrible death in the past couple of weeks.

I get the impression from what I have seen that this forum attracts mainly people with varied interests relating to Warrington as a town, while rugby league forums generally attract numpties. :roll::oops:

It do appear there was a concerted effort by some rugby fans to start a lively Wolves section on here - there were not enough of them to keep it very active.

Just about sums up the intelligence of your average rugby league fan! :wink:

I am sure you will find loads of rumours the well known rugby forum.

Perhaps its something to do with the dratted World Cup?

Or possibly something to do with not wanting to converse with people who give themselves names like Cullens Pants?

Oooooh fiesty :twisted:

Surely someone called Egbert cant have a pop at other peoples user names :P

This is a good forum with people on it who are interested in the rugby side of the game RL FANS is a joke run by prats who have their own little click that you have to agree with or are hounded out .

Keep this going Gary it is a good forum with good people on it ! It will grow the more the word gets round , next season you should add a fantasy league to entice people over !

Right, to pass some time away and perhaps generate renewed interest in this forum let's name our best Wire team from ober the decades of players we have seen not merely those we've read or heard about. I'm at something of an adantage here due to the fact I'm an old flatulent who's first game at Wilderspool was in 1953(I'm still younger then The Beatles though)...I'm doing it straight off the top of my head...After some afterthought I may have made the wrong choices.

(1) Eric Fraser

(2) Guess who ?

(3) Jimmy Challinor(simply because he put his winger way superbly)

(4) Albert Naughton

(5) Brian Glover

(6) Alex Murphy

(7) Gerry Helme

(8) Nat Silcock

(9) Kevin Ashcroft (I could be biased, I went to school with him)

(10) Brian Brady

(11) Bob Wanbon(devastating tackler)

(12) Mark Roberts(fastest forward I ever saw)

(13) Laurie Gillfedder.

Subs:

(14) Jonathan Davies

(15) Jackie Edwards

(16) Adrian Morley

(17) Mike Gregory

NOTE: Two backs in the subs. We are talking proper traditional Rugby League here not the modern day Strong Arm Biff Bash.

Sidesteps, swerves,changes of pace, dummies. Skills which have left the game.

I've left out Andrew Johns simply because 3 games doesn't make him a Wire.

It's possible to name half a dozen teams from over the decades but I've chosen these in just a few minutes.

Right, to pass some time away and perhaps generate renewed interest in this forum let's name our best Wire team from ober the decades of players we have seen not merely those we've read or heard about. I'm at something of an adantage here due to the fact I'm an old flatulent who's first game at Wilderspool was in 1953(I'm still younger then The Beatles though)...I'm doing it straight off the top of my head...After some afterthought I may have made the wrong choices.

(1) Eric Fraser

(2) Guess who ?

(4) Albert Naughton

(5) Brian Glover

(6) Alex Murphy

(7) Gerry Helme

(8) Nat Silcock

(10) Brian Brady

(13) Laurie Gillfedder.

Subs:

(14) Jonathan Davies

(15) Jackie Edwards

(16) Adrian Morley

(17) Mike Gregory

NOTE: Two backs in the subs. We are talking proper traditional Rugby League here not the modern day Strong Arm Biff Bash.

It's possible to name half a dozen teams from over the decades but I've chosen these in just a few minutes.

Great topic in its own right Safeway - perhaps you can cut and paste this into a post on its own so it stands out?

This is a good forum with people on it who are interested in the rugby side of the game RL FANS is a joke run by prats who have their own little click that you have to agree with or are hounded out .

Keep this going Gary it is a good forum with good people on it ! It will grow the more the word gets round , next season you should add a fantasy league to entice people over !

No problems - perhaps if some of the Wolves fans posted in other sections it would encourage more of our regulars to participate in this section - a little bit of cross fertilisation? :shock::wink:

(1) Eric Fraser

(2) Guess who ?

(4) Albert Naughton

(5) Brian Glover

(6) Alex Murphy

(7) Gerry Helme

(8) Nat Silcock

(10) Brian Brady

(13) Laurie Gillfedder.

Subs:

(14) Jonathan Davies

(15) Jackie Edwards

(16) Adrian Morley

(17) Mike Gregory

Well here goes....

1 D Whitehead

2 B Bevan

3 M King

4 J Davies

5 J Bevan

6 A Murphy

7 P Gordon

8 L Boyd

9 M Monaghan

10 A Morley

11 B Wanbon

12 B Eccles

13 M Gregory

14 K Kelly

15 K Tamati

16 M Nicholas

17 D Chisnall

Lets hope more fans start using this forum, its the best place to have your say without getting harrassed or bullied by groups of idiots like on rlfans.com.

I have mustered a few more posters up for this forum... :D

Harrassed and bullied on rlfans, unless you are related to a certain board member or a mate of a moderator, then you can do and post what you like... :wink:

Lets hope more fans start using this forum, its the best place to have your say without getting harrassed or bullied by groups of idiots like on rlfans.com.

I have mustered a few more posters up for this forum... :D

Harrassed and bullied on rlfans, unless you are related to a certain board member or a mate of a moderator, then you can do and post what you like... :wink:

Strong words ... I have found RFL fans a joyous and merry place to hand out with some of the young CHAVS of Warrington! :oops: