TV spectacle (not) !!!

For goodness sake end this embarssing effort at expanding our beloved game once and for all .........

Tonights sky game made us a laughing stock,two poor sides playing in a virtually empty ground with sky commentators squirming in their seats trying to make it interesting,,,even I turned off before the end it was abysmal :oops::oops::oops:

Ive been saying the same for quite a while now.

Harlequins and possibly Celtic should be wound up or at least bannished to NL1.

Its a disgrace. The RFL are ruining this game.

How do we explain this farce to people at work tomorrow who crow about Wendyball it's so embarassing even I can't give a "smart"reply to their skit's :(

Harlequins, Celtic and Catalans should all be booted out and replaced by -

Widnes, Leigh and Featherstone - teams in our heartlands with a decent fan base and great history.

All three Super League franchises have failed and don't even meet the requirements of having a franchise based on support alone!

They have tried expanding the game out of our heartlands for 100 years - and it just doesn't work!

There is also a need for a Super League franchise in Cumbria which is a hot bed of Rugby league.

:roll:

The area around Perpignan is a hot bed of our game, and was banned by the nazis during world war 2, as a game of the resistance. I remember Woolston Rovers have toured this area for many years, even stretching back to when I played for them back in the 1980's. Please, you can dismiss Wales and London as a non rugby league areas, but that area of France is and has been for many years a RL heartland, and has struggled against the bigger Yawnion game throughout its existance

One of the main objectives of Super League was to attempt to bring British Rugby League up to the standard of the Australian's in the hope that Britain could once again be world champions.

Having so many Australians playing for English clubs does little for the development of young English players and having French sides included in Super League does even less. :roll:

Wrexham are playing in Superleague under false pretences. Had they originally been based there there's no way they would have been awarded a franchise in front of Widnes. Only the crazed expansionists wanted a Welsh team in the League and even they would have baulked at the idea of having a team in Wrexham. Every RL fan knows in their heart of hearts that RL is a parochial game played in the north of England. We've existed for over a hundred years in that way so let's just abandon this expansionist experiment and enjoy the game in much the same way we always have. Let's cut down drastically the number of pension scheme Aussies we have here and get the local lads back in the teams. A good example is that fat midget Matt Orford who seems reluctant to play in the majority of games. He was injured for weeks leading up to the cup game but mysteriously recovered to play. The following week he developed a *tummy bug* so he couldn't play in the bread and butter game against Huddersfield. Bradford should send the slacker home. To think, we almost signed this shirker up.Phew...that was a close one.

Widnes, Leigh and Featherstone - teams in our heartlands with a decent fan base and great history.

All three Super League franchises have failed and don't even meet the requirements of having a franchise based on support alone!

They have tried expanding the game out of our heartlands for 100 years - and it just doesn't work!

There is also a need for a Super League franchise in Cumbria which is a hot bed of Rugby league.

Gary, if you are being genuine then i am lovin your vibe.

Can you not start a media campaign so as to put pressure on those carts at the rfl to do the decent thing?

I can only think that its money in the fat cats pockets that make the rfl continue with stupid ventures such as millenium magic and expansionism.

Gary, if you are being genuine then i am lovin your vibe.

Can you not start a media campaign so as to put pressure on those carts at the rfl to do the decent thing?

I can only think that its money in the fat cats pockets that make the rfl continue with stupid ventures such as millenium magic and expansionism.

Its hard enought o get a press pass out of them! :roll::wink: