ST. AUGUSTINE'S CHURCH.

lynnl

It has been demolished. They joined up with Our Lady's on St. Mary Street and either this month or next move into the newly built church on Lower Wash Lane, junction with Knutsford Road.

I don't know what is happening with Our Lady's. There was talk of demolishing it, but rumour has it that it is a listed building.

The problem was the cost of repairing the foundations.

I don't know what is happening with Our Lady's St Mary's Street/i]. There was talk of demolishing it, but rumour has it that it is a listed building.

Not a rumour Peter it IS Grade II listed (listing date 17 March 2005) ... not long ago really.

Listing details and description here...

http://lbonline.english-heritage.org.uk/BuildingDetailsForm.aspx?id=491539&search=y

Thanks Dizzy. I seem to remember some comment that it was applied for when they heard about the new church being built.

Must make things a bit awkward as I believe that the church won't fund the repairs.

Does that mean that time and nature will destroy it?

I was surprised that it is a fairly new church. I thought that it was older than that.

:shock: