Jon Clarke

CP

Can Gary use his journalistic skills and find out what on earth has happened to Jon Clarke.

Think its about time we started thinking about retiring or releasing him if he still has no definite return date.

If he doesn't start training/playing soon he will never be truly fit for the playoffs.

We cant afford to be carrying passengers, especially not ones on his salary.

We cant possibly grant him a testamonial if he misses all this year through injury.

Surely there is something in his contract that allows us to release him if he is out injured for a certain period of time.

We cant possibly grant him a testamonial if he misses all this year through injury.

Surely there is something in his contract that allows us to release him if he is out injured for a certain period of time.

Actually I think you will find contracts are done to ensure a player still gets paid if he suffers a career threatening injury.

Last time I asked Tony about Jon Clarke he said he was still a while off.

Im pretty sure that would be the case if there was some kind of return date. However, if he continues to be absent then im sure their would be something there to protect the employer too.

Capability procedure would surely come into force at some point as it would in anyother employment scenario.

Wire will not want to continue paying him to sit on the sidelines indefinitely.

There is rule knocking around that when a player doesn't train or play for there club for 26 weeks within a 1 year period due to injury or another circumstance they have the right to release the player based on that fact.

Bradford done it two years ago with Tame Tupou, he was bought as a replacement for big Lesley but sustained a knee injury, after 26 weeks without training or playing Bradford terminated his contract... Tupou took Bradford to a tribunal but got nowhere before signing for the West Tigers.

Although Jon Clarke hasn't played he could well have been training plus Warrington dont strike me as a club that would do that to a player.... He should go anyway for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Jon Clarke's a useful utility player to have on the books. I'd let Grix go before Clarke. Grix is average at best...He's on a par with Bracek and Noone both of whom have done nothing since they were let go.

I have to beg to differ, Grix is an unsung hero for wire this year. No way would i have Clarke in before Grix.

Guest Guest
Get shut for mine... I'd have kept him over Higham but as he's been given a contract than don't seem likely.
grix is a top player .and as for your last comment :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Lizzy, Clarke doesn't fit into this wire team anymore, we have moved onto a different level and left the likes of Clarke behind.

Clarkey needs to find himself a new club for next year cos unless we have a dreadful bout of injuries he wont be getting anywhere near the 1st team.

A house in Grappenhall that was no doubt funded by the rediculously long and large contract that Cullen awarded him 2/3 years ago.

If there is one thing Cullen should hold his head in shame about its that contract he gave Clarke.

Whether it was an act of a friend i dont know but its well and truly stiched the wolves up.

Lets hope Cullen takes him off our hands, although i doubt that Widnes could afford his inflated contract.