Local Elections this Thursday

kevofaz25

I was chatting to a friend today who realised that the local elections are also happening this week but will be overshadowed by the General Election.

It should prove an interesting decision by the electorate in Warrington given that we have had the equivalent of a hung parliament running the town theses past few years. If the situation is replicated Nationally- would it be such a good thing as we are being told by many of the political pundits?

Papers today say nationally Cameron will win.... but they also say he wont have enough MP's to take overall leadership.

So will he join forces with Labour or Lib Dims if he does... who hates who the most :? or will the other two win if they join forces on the basis that jointly they have the majority of votes over the actual winner :?

It's all madness as regardless of who gets the most votes we may finish up with the opposite in leadership anyway due to the way they calculate the winnings.

Is it really worth voting :?:roll:

I've always voted but I'm starting to see why some get so disillusioned that they don't bother.

I will vote as I don't want to become someone who simply moans about the outcome later after not bothering to be 'involved' :wink:

Diz, none of them will have an outright majority of the electorate, with 32% of the 70% that vote. However, one positive may arise in the short period of the next Parliament, the voting system will be changed - Q, is, will it be changed enough to make it account for the full range of views within society? :?

Papers today say nationally Cameron will win.... but they also say he wont have enough MP's to take overall leadership.

So will he join forces with Labour or Lib Dims if he does... who hates who the most :? or will the other two win if they join forces on the basis that jointly they have the majority of votes over the actual winner :?

It's all madness as regardless of who gets the most votes we may finish up with the opposite in leadership anyway due to the way they calculate the winnings.

Is it really worth voting :?:roll:

Daily Telegraph:

"David Cameron is prepared to rule out any coalition deal with the Liberal Democrats and will try to lead a minority government if the Tories narrowly fail to win an outright majority in the General Election on Thursday"

Not sure the Tories will be allowed to form a "minority" Gov, unless the Ulster Unionists give them a majority in Parliament; as every other Party would appear anti-Tory: however, some cynical deals may be struck behind closed doors and integrities compromised, to pick up minor Party votes no doubt! :wink:

Thanks Paul... I really really don't want to see the Lib Dems in power locally and certainly not nationally. At least that is one thing I am absolutely sure about.... can you tell :lol::oops::wink:

Alas for you Dizzy, there are no local elections in Stockton Heath this year, only the General Election. :wink:

I think given the general election and the lack of input often seen from the two Lib Dem Borough Councillors in SH (aswell as their rudeness at times I might add) a local election should have been allowed or a vote of no confidence/confidence at least :wink:

If there was a SH election I couldn't vote in it anyway :lol:

...but there are many people who wish there was one due to the fact that SH is being RUINED and the current councillors don't care and wont listen. :roll:

Another thumbs down for the Lib Dems from me.I don't care who runs our town but not them.I'm sick of the negativity they omit .I was glad to hear Cllr Kennedy ruling out working with them in the Guardian, well done!!

Unfortunately some of Mr Kennedy's colleagues like being paid for their roles in the joint administration and put money before political beliefs! :evil:

[quote

Daily Telegraph:

"David Cameron is prepared to rule out any coalition deal with the Liberal Democrats and will try to lead a minority government if the Tories narrowly fail to win an outright majority in the General Election on Thursday"

Neither Cameron nor Clegg could be described as ' a Man of His Word' then!!!!

What people are prepared to stoop to in their quest for power and ???s!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think we'll be getting more 'real motives revealed' in Warrington shortly!

Even after his party's heads have condemned the LibDem electoral campaign it appears as though Keith Bland & Co want to hang on to their seats on the Exec.

No loyalty to their party! no loyalty to the people who voted for them! No real surprise at all is it? Real Cons!! :roll::roll::roll:

What people are prepared to stoop to in their quest for power and ???s!!!!!

Exactly.... look at Brown, he was still advocating that he stay on as PM, stay on as Leader of the Labour party.... his favourite phrase when confronted about calling an election in the past was something along the lines of "the people want me to get on with running the country not having diversions like that"

They are all as bad as each other

It's simple arithmatic - they are all gagging to feed their wallets by getting on the Executive - so all as bad as each other - but for the Tories to pull out of a coalition over a trivial fit of pique, would merely be cutting their nose off to spite their face; unless they want to distance themselves from some future unpopular decision making?! :wink: