Ricky Hatton

KeithR

Ok, I can see what will happen with this thread. Some Manc fan will respond to the condescending 'something decent out of Manchester' remark by the poo fan. Then either Eagle or wolfie will post an insult about scousers, probably supported by busby. Then Gary will have a go at the Mancs. Then it will start to become personal and JayC will jump in to tell people to grow up. Then Gary (with his moderating hat on) will tell Eagle or wolfie that they are walking a thin line, totally forgetting that it was he that turned a decent post into the usual turmoil. Well done :roll:

Back to the thread - Well done Ricky, a Manc supported by a scouser, United and City with a common cause, what a refreshing change.

Don't you mean United, City and Liverpool with a common cause - Well done Wayne Rooney for having the guts to build bridges. :o

Hopefully it will supply me with some ammunition :D

Now please realise my posts (like the book) are just meant to be jolly good banter and although passions can run high on the football front, sticks and stones e.t.c.

Step back, take a a deep breath and realise decent scousers do exist - and hopefully I am one of them! :angel:

Originally posted by DavyG:

Ok, I can see what will happen with this thread. Some Manc fan will respond to the condescending 'something decent out of Manchester' remark by the poo fan. Then either Eagle or wolfie will post an insult about scousers, probably supported by busby. Then Gary will have a go at the Mancs. Then it will start to become personal and JayC will jump in to tell people to grow up. Then Gary (with his moderating hat on) will tell Eagle or wolfie that they are walking a thin line, totally forgetting that it was he that turned a decent post into the usual turmoil. Well done :roll:

Back to the thread - Well done Ricky, a Manc supported by a scouser, United and City with a common cause, what a refreshing change.

Have you thought of being a moderator DavyG, you seem to have more common sense than the present incumbents. Given the hostility with posts on recent threads I purposely moderated this thread by refusing to mention Ricky being a Manc or mentioning the great Manchester support etc etc in the hope that posters would simply acknowledge that it was a great fight and good for Britain or otherwise depending on your views, but as expected the biggest baiter of them all jumped in with his usual 'it's just good banter bit'. Hook, line and sinker me thinks. :roll:

Yup, great result for Ricky. Not a boxing fan but I've followed Hatton for a few years now, even been to watch him a couple of times. Seems a good lad, kept his feet on the ground despite his success, let's hope he can build on this now.

Re all the other nonsense on this thread, wot DavyG sed: some people can't tell the difference between lame attempts at baiting (of which there is too much) and banter (of which there is very little).