Tony Smith is best Coach in the World

Gary

Probably the best since Murphy first time round.
Brian Johnson was one of the best we have ever had and he had NO resources and was made to sell all his best players I would love to see him now with all the backing that Smith has !

But in Smith we trust !

Sorry Padders but Brian Johnson was in charge the night Saints put 80 past us on one of the most embarrassing days in the history of Warrington Rugby league Club.

We had a strong team under Johnson for many years and if it hadn't been for the all conquering Wigan we would have won more silverware.

Brian was a jolly nice chap, a little quiet for the media, but I wouldn't rate him as one of the best.

Now as a full-back - he was simply the best!

Brian Johnson was one of the best we have ever had and he had NO resources and was made to sell all his best players I would love to see him now with all the backing that Smith has !

But in Smith we trust !

Sorry Padders but Brian Johnson was in charge the night Saints put 80 past us on one of the most embarrassing days in the history of Warrington Rugby league Club.

We had a strong team under Johnson for many years and if it hadn't been for the all conquering Wigan we would have won more silverware.

Brian was a jolly nice chap, a little quiet for the media, but I wouldn't rate him as one of the best.

Johnson was sold down the river by the club who sold all of the best players and gave him no support !

Yes he was the manager for the thrashing but when you look at all the interference the club put on him at the time like not paying the players it was understandable why none of the team wanted to play . Higham was the tosser incharge then he was at fault IMO his poor business sense drove our club into the ground !

If Johnson had the same resources as Smith has, he would have been his equal IMO

But in Smith we trust !

Johnson was sold down the river by the club who sold all of the best players and gave him no support !

Yes he was the manager for the thrashing but when you look at all the interference the club put on him at the time like not paying the players it was understandable why none of the team wanted to play . Higham was the tosser incharge then he was at fault IMO his poor business sense drove our club into the ground !

If Johnson had the same resources as Smith has, he would have been his equal IMO

What is Brian Johnson up to these days?

I bet he isn't a media pundit! :wink:

I seem to remember we had 3 progressively good coaches in the 70's (Ken Kelly, Billy Benyon & Tony Barrow) who produced the the great side of the early/mid 80's & laid the foundation for Brian Johnson's stint as manager. I thought Barrow was a great manager but for some reason he left the club abruptly when the team was at its peak.

I seem to remember we had 3 progressively good coaches in the 70's (Ken Kelly, Billy Benyon & Tony Barrow) who produced the the great side of the early/mid 80's & laid the foundation for Brian Johnson's stint as manager. I thought Barrow was a great manager but for some reason he left the club abruptly when the team was at its peak.

I got to know Tony Barrow very well during his time as coach and used to interview him every week - minus the video camera.

He left because he did not get the full backing of the board.