• UKIP
    • BNP
    • None of the above
    • Couldn't make up mind

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maggie had a legitimate right to send troops abroad as our soverign territory was invaded; just like we would have done if the French had invaded the Isle of Wight.

Now you may be a lefty surrender monkey Wolfie but to me there is a world of difference between the Falklands and Bliars WMD lies and subsequent invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan (and remember folks we are there because the Taliban want to launch sucide donkey missions on Blackpool beach!!)

Just on a point of fact Baz; didn't the Tories vote with New Labour FOR the Iraq invasion? :? Before you say "they were lied to" re WMDs like the rest of us, with their access to military advise they would have known better; they knew we had conflicting and questionable legal advise - but sadly they were just as "gung ho" as Bliar. :roll:

Didn't the RM Platoon in Port Stanley surrender to the initial Argie invasion? :?

No,

Rex hunt (the Governor of the islands) ordered the Maries in Port Stanley to surrender; by all accounts they wanted to fight to the last man!!

the 22 men on Georgia initially took on the whole invasion force; they shot down a helicopter, holed a Corvette warship and killed countless Argies.....

One of the 22 Marines has finally written a book about it all.... have a look here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/defence/5153220/The-22-Royal-Marines-who-took-on-Argentine-Falklands-invasion-force.html

Maggie had a legitimate right to send troops abroad as our soverign territory was invaded; just like we would have done if the French had invaded the Isle of Wight.

Her administration ought to have done more to prevent the Argentinians from invading in the first place, on the diplomatic as well as the military front. See Operation Journeyman in 1977.

Her administration ought to have done more to prevent the Argentinians from invading in the first place, on the diplomatic as well as the military front. See Operation Journeyman in 1977.

A valid point, but when the intervention and action was needed, it was taken. Unfortunately, we now only have a total RN fleet of about 25 ships as opposed to 65 ships when the Falklands were invaded.

If the Argies invaded again, the only viable option would be to either nuke Buenos Aires or surrender it all and let the left wing cowards have their way.

Typical Labour and their left wing lunacies though that they are more than prepared to stand up for foxes and ban hunting and to stand up and support gay marriages and other such crap, but would betray people who are part of our history and have no desire to be classed as a dago offshoot... Maybe that's why the surrender monkeys in charge of this country have given us up to Europe....

Wolfie, your lack of patriotism disgusts me.

Exactly like the Argentinians (Spanish) were forced to surrender when Britain first invaded the Malvenas.

since when have Argentinians been spaniards then?

If you knew a little more about history you would know that the majority of Argentinians are of Spanish descent. That Spanish is the official language of Argentina and that Spain controlled Argentina until its indepedence.

Regarding my patriotism, having served 5 years in the British Army many years ago I have proved my patriotism. Can you? :roll::roll:

Wolfie,

The Argentinians are not Spaniards.... they are Argentinians; otherwise they would live in Spain and be called Spaniards (If you knew a little more about Geography you would know that too)

Well having served 5 years in the army, it is even more out of order that you would dare to call the Falklands the Malvinas; especially after so many British forces died defending it.

Quite how you prove patriotism; I don't know but I haven't served in the Army or any of the forces. I never wanted too because I didn't see my future in that service. I do however (and have done on countless occasions) employ ex forces personnel and also take forces personnel who are leaving to provide them with training to help when the come out.

But at the end of the day, I don't need to prove I am a patriot, I know I am.

I don't ever advocate giving away the territory of my country, nor do I advocate giving away the rights of my fellow citizens to foreign, non-elected quangos such as the EU

My reference was to the time that the British first invaded the Falklands when it was known as the Malvenas and was inhabited by Spaniards who lived on the islands and controlled the area of land we now know as Argentina.

Just like you I don't need to prove that I am patriotic because I know that I am.

My reference was to the time that the British first invaded the Falklands when it was known as the Malvenas and was inhabited by Spaniards who lived on the islands and controlled the area of land we now know as Argentina.

Have a read of this.... http://www.falklandshistory.org/gettingitright.pdf

It may help you to get your facts right

Wtf are Graham Pascoe and Peter Pepper? Not exactly an impartial view by the sound of them.

It doesn't alter the fact that after a brief visit, Britain only returned in 1833 1 year after Argentinians had settled there and long after the 44 years that Spain had a garrison there.

The French settlement was taken over by Spain in 1767, which maintained a garrison at Port Louis for 44 years
from your document.

I am not trying to claim that the Falklands are Argentinian, I am merely stating that they have as much right to claim them as their's as Britain has.

Bottom line : The Falklands, like Gibraltar, belongs to us by right of historical conquest - it's therefore open to other claimants to seize it by conquest - the Argies tried and failed. HMGs position is that they will comply with the wishes of the established population - who, wish to remain associated with Britain. :roll: