• UKIP
    • BNP
    • None of the above
    • Couldn't make up mind

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are probably right Gary over the hung parliament. I for one will not vote for the labour candidate I can seen nothing she has done.

Local elections are different, you vote for the candidate who will work the hardest and most of you know how much our local guy (Geoff) has done without being a councilor, all though he has been very quiet on here for a while.

Must admit to being disappointed with our LibDem councillors thought they would have performed better (imo) than they have.

I think you are probably right Gary over the hung parliament. I for one will not vote for the labour candidate I can seen nothing she has done.

Local elections are different, you vote for the candidate who will work the hardest and most of you know how much our local guy (Geoff) has done without being a councilor, all though he has been very quiet on here for a while.

Must admit to being disappointed with our LibDem councillors thought they would have performed better (imo) than they have.

Can't believe someone who is standing for council is too shy to post on here after years of posting! :roll::wink:

For those of you who have not voted yet and can not see the results Labour have now sneaked into the lead.

But still pretty much neck and neck reflecting the general scene nationally.

Going to be too close to call in Warrington South at this rate.

The bookies have Helen Jones odds on favourite by a country mile in the North.

Perhaps we should have split the poll into a north/south divide :oops:

All three main parties neck and neck - heading for a hung parliament!

That's why my vote will be going UKIP. They don't stand any real chance of sending many MPs to Westminster, but I can't bring myself to endorse any of the big three. If I were to vote for one of the big three they'd see it as an expression of approval, rather than as a "least worst" choice.

Hung parliaments don't tend to last all that long so I reckon we'll be having another election within 2 years with each of the three major parties desperate to acheive an overall majority.

If the major parties have seen the anti-europe parties getting any significant share of the vote this time it might sway their policy making in a much more euro-sceptic direction to try and woo those voters next time round.

We can but hope.

I recall somebody :wink::D in the South standing as an Independent in 2005 for exactly that reason, 453 voters availed themselves of the opportunity that he provided. Cost him about 3 grand I think....and a new car for his wife. :D:D:D

Interestingly, and accepting that I have a bias, it is worth looking at each candidate personally, ignoring their party banner, and asking do you think that they would represent you well, could they lobby for you, do they have gravitas, are they serious, what would they do for Warrington. Take a long hard look at each of them and ask searching questions of each one. :wink:

All three main parties neck and neck - heading for a hung parliament!

That's why my vote will be going UKIP. They don't stand any real chance of sending many MPs to Westminster, but I can't bring myself to endorse any of the big three. If I were to vote for one of the big three they'd see it as an expression of approval, rather than as a "least worst" choice.

Hung parliaments don't tend to last all that long so I reckon we'll be having another election within 2 years with each of the three major parties desperate to acheive an overall majority.

If the major parties have seen the anti-europe parties getting any significant share of the vote this time it might sway their policy making in a much more euro-sceptic direction to try and woo those voters next time round.

We can but hope.

Before you put your cross in the UKIP box check out the background on the local candidate.

Started Life out as a Labour councillor in Essex, came up North and became a local parish councillor for the Tories, fell out with them and is now flying the UKIP flag.

Politicans who keep jumping from one ship to another to suit their own needs are not exactly the characters with backbone we need to run this country.

:oops:

Errm, come on Paul; "look at the candidate" my a****! Any candidate from a main Party, will do and say exactly what they are allowed to do and say by their respective Party - it's called Party dicipline, and they have whips to enforce it - which means literally, that a monkey could do the job, just flash a banana (or a ministerial post) when their hand needs to go up! :wink:

Like I said, very little chance of Warrington South electing a UKIP MP - so the qualities of the individual candidate is pretty irrelevent.

My options this time around seem to be-

1) endorse one of the big three, none of whom I trust and all of who's policies are pretty indistinguishable on the subjects that matter to me.

2) vote for a climate change alarmist who'd have us all back in the dark ages.

3) spoil my ballot, or

4) send a message about what sort of policies I want to see from the parties who stand a chance of winning next time around.

I'm going with option 4.

Like I said, very little chance of Warrington South electing a UKIP MP - so the qualities of the individual candidate is pretty irrelevent.

My options this time around seem to be-

1) endorse one of the big three, none of whom I trust and all of who's policies are pretty indistinguishable on the subjects that matter to me.

2) vote for a climate change alarmist who'd have us all back in the dark ages.

3) spoil my ballot, or

4) send a message about what sort of policies I want to see from the parties who stand a chance of winning next time around.

I'm going with option 4.

So you like wasting your vote then! :roll:

Not really impressed by any of them.

Hopefully a hung parliament will result in them spending all of their time squabbling amongst themselves and none of it actually making any decisions which will have long term consequences.

As my Grandma used to say, "If in doubt, do nowt!"

Or Grandads favourite, "Don't mess with stuff you don't understand!"

Hopefully a hung parliament will result in them spending all of their time squabbling amongst themselves and none of it actually making any decisions which will have long term consequences.

Surely long term consequences is something we all would like to avoid! :shock: