Which political Party -

observer

now you see the problem is that the toga wearing softies who now run this once great country are responsible for making the phrases above make out that the user is some kind of racist.

fugtifino, can I ask wht planet the phrase "blue sky thinking" came from? Is that a totally politically correct bit of nonsense that they taught you at niceness school? because to me, that is the way it looks.....

oh, and what is wrong with the phrase "Gordon Clown"?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can I ask wht planet the phrase "blue sky thinking" came from?

Ah, that was the planet B*ll*x, just my little joke.

toga wearing softies - number 101?

the phrases above make out that the user is some kind of racist. - see 36.

"Gordon Clown" is just a bit hackneyed and lazy.

OK the FG, please tell me exactly what a racist is. You can spout lists as much as you want, but I am interested to know how you would define a racist because your list encompasses every possible phrase to describe the mess our country is in and any possible feelings anyone has towards another of a different ethnic background.

My views are quite clear, I want a stop to uncontrolled immigration, I don't want the Lib Dems stupid amnesty for illegal immigrants, I do not want to forcibly repatriate immigrants except for those who are either illegals or have failed in their asylum attempts. Personally I don't think that makes me a racist.

So what does define a racist? I was playing football in the back garden over the weekend with my neighbours little boys and my own 8 year old son. They are Muslim and are nice kids, as are their parents...... We often help each other out; I fix things for the Grandad and his wife makes the most delicious of curries...... I also beliveve there should be tighter controls on Muslims who visit this country from overseas and for Muslims who nip over to Pakistan for a bit of Koran training...... does the above make me a racist, a sort of racist or almost a racist?

I have always thought of racists as the likes of the ones we saw in the 70's and 80's when the NF would go out "paki bashing" and the likes; not very nice stuff as I'm sure most would agree, however nowadays, the toga wearers have turned absolutely everything that is said and done and soured everyone as a racist.

I really look forward to your definitions of a racist...... :wink:

My rule of thumb is that racists are people who regard others to be somehow inferior because of their ethnicity.

toga wearers - DING!

so what on earth has the phrase "toga wearer" got to do with ethnicity?

You see there you have a prime example of how brainwashing has taught you to think that everyone is a racist.

Being a toga wearer doesn't make anyone inferior.... in fact the original toga wearers (the Greeks) were far superior to most of their day.

Even being a muslim etc. has nothing to do with ethnicity, would you agree?

Racism is the point at which a person's attitude and actions towards individuals are based upon or influenced by racial characteristics that are irrelevant to the situation at hand.

It's easy to define, and we all know what it is, but it's not always easy to police, because we're not actually telepathic, so it's hard to be 100% certain that offence caused or favouritism was intended.

Controlling immigration is not an issue of racism as long as controls apply equally to all applicants. Ditto deportation.

Far as I am concerned, Obs, there is one race, and it's the Human Race. Every member is an individual and entitled to expect the same basic level of respect, courtesy and assistance from me.

I have no idea why some other people find it necessary to label millions of individuals they've never met in crass and idiotic fashion. The Irish are not all thick, the Scots are not all mean and not all Welshmen love sheep in a highly inappropriate manner.

I've no idea whether you are a racist or not. Can't read your mind. You know though, so just tell us one way or the other and we can all move on.

Well FG answered your point about ONE single race - ergo, only one race, racism an impossibility. But, basically there are three main races on the planet, with sub-groupings. The Scots, Irish, Welsh, English, Poles, Japanes and Kenyans arn't "races", they are Nationalities. Jews and Muslims arn't "races", they are religious groupings, no more a "race" than a Christian. So whilsts it's possible to be "racist" about an African Negro or visa versa (as apparently is occuring now in S/Africa and Zimbawe); the casual use of the term "racist" by liberal luvvies is totally incorrect and misplaced. Now to another term that's misused by our luvvies; "zenophobic" (a hatred of foreigners), again, anyone wishing to preserve the demographic integrity of the UK, somehow becomes zenophobic, even though they may actually relish the company and culture of "foreigners" in the context of their own countries or as visiting tourists to this country. Anyone with a rational view of situations has been shouted down by the luvvies over the past few decades, to the point where we're living in a world of PC newspeak. :roll:

race2

? noun 1 each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics. 2 racial origin or distinction: rights based on race. 3 a group of people sharing the same culture, language, etc.; an ethnic group. 4 a group of people or things with a common feature. 5 Biology a distinct population within a species; a subspecies.

Oxford English Dictionary disagrees with you. Suppose that's a toga wearing liberal now.... :roll:

It's a stupid argument/discussion anyway. We can all be classed as racist, as in supporting football teams, North South divide and so on.

If I was to call someone a white bar steward, would that be deemed racist?

Racist imo, only comes into play when hatred is involved, NOT calling the Scots Jock, the Irish Micks and so on.

Even the Race Relations board are struggling with the concept these days.