Another year for Briers?

Gary

I think Briers for another year is the right move, he still has lots to offer and we miss him when he dosen't play. Myler is promising but not yet ready to step into Lees boots.

Woody I believe is very close to signing another year, and Micky Higham is also rumoured to be getting another year.

Personally I don't think players should be actually given the new contracts until the end of the season.

They can be given encouraging noises that if they continue to perform they are likely to get an extension.

We have seen it in the past when players get their contract extensions mid season and then their form dips as they are not fighting to keep their jobs!

I think Briers for another year is the right move, he still has lots to offer and we miss him when he dosen't play. Myler is promising but not yet ready to step into Lees boots.

Woody I believe is very close to signing another year, and Micky Higham is also rumoured to be getting another year.

Your sources are very good! Probably the same as mine :wink:

I got it from a very good source that Briers wants to go to Catalans, indeed I understand he said it himself last week at the *do* in Burtonwood. If that is the case I think he should be allowed to go now. He's a class act when he plays but looking to the future I think there's good chance to sign Luke Robinson from Huddersfield who want him to play hooker which, and I'm guessing, isn't his prefered position. He's still only in his early 20's(I think) and a splendid long term signing if we can get him. Briers isn't playing enough games, perhaps because his ageing body can't handle the rough and tumble like it used to do.

As a footnote I thought the Wire played awful this afternoon and if it wasn't for the individual brilliance of Myler we could easily have lost the game. Featherstone played by far the most attractive football and for most of the game we employed the old fashioned one pass biff bash. Only superior strength and fitness won the match which considering Wire are full time professionals and Rovers are part time isn't surprising. If we play like that at Huddersfield we'll get badly beaten up.

Not the best of decisions for mine, missed most of this year through injury so far and unlike other seasons we've done ok without him.

Don't think his kicking game is as good what everyone else thinks and i'd like to see Myler take more responsibility and improve his game, i don't he can fully do this with Briers on the field.... Yes he marshalls the team around the field a bit but it's time to move on and let him go.

Your sources are very good! Probably the same as mine :wink:

I don't have bad sources lol.