West stand closure

stevo

do you think it warrants being closed this sunday considering the gate attendence we have been getting this season?

It will cost money to open it and they will do well to get 8,000 on Sunday which can be easily accommodated in the other three sides.

do you think it warrants being closed this sunday considering the gate attendence we have been getting this season?

It will cost money to open it and they will do well to get 8,000 on Sunday which can be easily accommodated in the other three sides.

What extra costs are involved ? Say 5 stewards and some bar staff and a turnstile operator and what else?

I think any closed/empty stand looks bad and spoils the match atmosphere,ask any Quins fan :lol::lol::lol:

What extra costs are involved ? Say 5 stewards and some bar staff and a turnstile operator and what else?

I think any closed/empty stand looks bad and spoils the match atmosphere,ask any Quins fan :lol::lol::lol:

It's a tad more than that :wink:

There has to be a certain amount of stewards per stand. There'll be 2 on each set of turnstiles and I believe it's 1 steward per 200 spectators. Obviously not knowing how many would go in, they'd have to make sure there was enough to cover all eventualities.

They would need at least one turnstile operator on each turnstile set (so that's at least 2 in the stand).

They'd have to purchase more alcohol and more food and would have to buy enough to cover a fair few fans in there. If only a couple of hundred show up, there'd be a lot of food and drink not used.

They'd also need more St John Ambulance staff to cover, there needs to be a certain amount on each stand, or even per fan I believe.

In my opinion, 3 almost full stands looks better than 4 stands with plenty of room to move about. That's just me though

Makes you wonder how we managed for over a century without a steward in sight.

How tough must they be to take on 20 troublemakers apiece ?

How ever did we manage the old spion kop end at Wilderspool 20,000 + crowds and 2 St Johns walking round the pitch with their stretcher smoking Woodbines :? ???

Happy days :)

Are you in charge of ticket sales - that was a pretty good guess! :shock:

I still think that it should have been open and the Fev fans directed there. I walked through town from Bridge Foot at about 2.15pm and there were already a group of extremely drunk Rovers fans in the pubs then. I then went into the celubrious surroundings of the Red Lion where there was another large group of quite verbally aggressive drunks.

I was concerned that as Ben Westwood lined up the goal kick from the first try that stewards were still trying to get Rovers fans behind the barriers and another group were walking up and down across the front of the South Stand. Fortunately there weren't any incidents but I wasn't too impressed with the stewarding.

My solution would have been to move the Warrington fans in the East stand to the north and put the Fev fans in the East, that way the West can remain closed and segregation still in place.

I heard from many people that Fev fans were being abusive and rowdy in 3 or 4 pubs close to the ground, they were abusive to Warrington fans in the Queue waiting to go into the South stand and then they made there way over to the Wire end to sing songs give hand gestures and be generally a pain in the aris.... luckily enough we didn't raise to the bait and all was well but the segregation should have be in place to prevent such goings on.