Edinburgh!!!

Wolfette

Better things to spend my money on than travelling to Scotland to watch televised games! :oops:

To be fair I think the fixtures alone will put people off going this year...not to mention the expense and its nowhere near as good a venue as Cardiff. 8)

Absolute PR disaster by the RFL - yet again.

Get something right in Wales and then switch it to Scotland! :oops:

As I'm one of the 4 that Wolfette has put it would be daft of me to put my travel details on but regarding the fixtures i think there quite poor.

Apart from maybe Saints V KR, Wigan V Hudds and Warrington then nothing else really stands out and at a time when we need to encourage the event as last year people didnt like the stadium or location think the RFL have blown it.... I'm hoping this is the last year for Edinburgh and indeed the mix and match fixtures as derby games provide more thrilling fixtures.

Never been a fan of the roadshows. I am more of a traditionalist thinking rugby league should concentrate on their heartlands.

But perhaps I am just boring! :roll::wink:

Wembley is a great away day and should remain extra special as the one time a year we all migrate!

I'm going on the Friday, staying in Livingston and getting the train there both days, same as last year :)

I think the fixtures are looking better now after seeing how close some games could be, Wigan vs Huddersfield and Stains vs Hull KR could be great games.

same

How ironic :wink:

Ive got 6 in my party lol - However I have also encouraged someone who has been to 4 Warrington games to coem for the weekend! We are leaving Warrington at half 7 friday morning on the train and returning on the monday about 8 oclock at night.

Staying just outside Edinburgh (15mins bus journey) on a campsite called Mortonhall - it is basic but we are all buzzing for it.

I am agrreing with everyone the fixtures are bad, I would have loved to go again and watched Leeds v Bradford, Wigan v St's, Hull v Hull KR etc etc

However after trying to remember the games from last year I remember getting rather bored... Not because of the rugby on show although that would have helped but half the time I was wishing we had derbies..

Instead of not having derbies I think they should split the 14 teams into 2 groups i.e Lancs n York and then give Quins, Crusaders and Dragons to a side to even the numbers up - then teams from either side play and see which side wins over the weekend that way it also brings a countiness support rather than a local...

I guess thats why they were scrapped.

I vaguely remember the players complaining of too many games hence it being scrapped.

Too many games- the proper lads like Brian Bevan clocked up 50-60 games in a season - and were only part-timers.

A lot of them smoked and drank a lot as well - suppose some things haven't changed! :roll::oops:

Well hello all lets hope this is a nice friendly forum! i shall be attending bonny scotland with a few coach loads although i did promise myself last year i wouldn't lets hope we get it shifted next year maybe to dublin with any luck

Welcome Stevo - it is a nice friendly forum on the whole but we have had our problems in the past - but have a ruthless team of moderators now! :wink: