Town v Garforth

Long John

2-0 win for the Town

Strange game with some very strange refereeing decisions.

Players getting sent off for swearing, but not for being the last man and taking the striker out !

Town performance patchy, good start with nice football, when Garforth went down to 10 men Town went to pieces, but perked up when the referee evened things up.

To sum up the game, lots of effort, some nice touches, some passion and pride, 2 goals, a missed penalty, three points, two sendings off and a cr*p display by both referee and linesmen.

2-0 win for the Town

Strange game with some very strange refereeing decisions.

Players getting sent off for swearing, but not for being the last man and taking the striker out !

Town performance patchy, good start with nice football, when Garforth went down to 10 men Town went to pieces, but perked up when the referee evened things up.

To sum up the game, lots of effort, some nice touches, some passion and pride, 2 goals, a missed penalty, three points, two sendings off and a cr*p display be both referee and linesmen.

Pretty fair summary that Long John - the only thing I would add is that both teams were pretty poor.

Can't wait for the visit of the mighty Harrogate Railway on Tuesday evening. :oops:

Better performance today, they looked like a team and played well together. Shame about gahgan missing the penalty as it could have been a bigger win but all in all good spirited performance.

Lets see if we can build on this now on tuesday night at home again, been our downfall of late not being able to back up a win with another good performance.

A decent performance against a second rate team in garforth however there was still some bad points in the game.

1. why do we not play are best central midfielder in the centre of the pitch from the start and we leave him sat on the bench.

2. struggle to finish teams off when they are down to ten men we did exactly the same against curzon earlier in the season

however some of the good points

1. Mike Duffy Tommo and Tom Hardwick and the left back i dont know his name look very very solid as did the goalkeeper!

2. Sam Finley had a fine game and you can see he has a bright future in the non league game.

3. the most important of all the team showed more pride in this game than they have showed in the last 2 months! as i supporter i can almost accept watching a bad team ( i have spent the best part of 15 years of watching town so have seen many bad teams) i can accept them getting beat and being turned over after playing there hearts out for the team!

What i cant accept as a paying spectator is watching paid players showing no pride in the shirt and looking like the couldnt care less about how they played.

Im sure the improvment had somthing to do with Tommo returning today.

Al in all town did what they needed to do today against a very average side in Garforth and kept a clean sheet.

hopefully we get a good run of form which will take us into the summer in good spirits.

A decent performance against a second rate team in garforth however there was still some bad points in the game.

1. why do we not play are best central midfielder in the centre of the pitch from the start and we leave him sat on the bench.

2. struggle to finish teams off when they are down to ten men we did exactly the same against curzon earlier in the season

1. Mike Duffy Tommo and Tom Hardwick and the left back i dont know his name look very very solid as did the goalkeeper!

2. Sam Finley had a fine game and you can see he has a bright future in the non league game.

3. the most important of all the team showed more pride in this game than they have showed in the last 2 months! as i supporter i can almost accept watching a bad team ( i have spent the best part of 15 years of watching town so have seen many bad teams) i can accept them getting beat and being turned over after playing there hearts out for the team!

What i cant accept as a paying spectator is watching paid players showing no pride in the shirt and looking like the couldnt care less about how they played.

Al in all town did what they needed to do today against a very average side in Garforth and kept a clean sheet.

hopefully we get a good run of form which will take us into the summer in good spirits.

Burgerman - you are certainly not a prat - I would never insult a fellow Town fan.

But I think you are being a little unkind on Garforth - who have had some decent results this season, and were leading league leaders Halifax 3-1 until the last five minutes the other night until a whole host of bizzare incidents resulted in them losing 3-4 in the last few minutes - including losing their goalkeeper with a serious head injury and the referee being intimated by over 500 hostile Halifax fans.

I think you will also find that Warrington's improved performance on Saturday was partly down to the fact that an over paid, over inflated self centred so calle dsuper star was left out of the squad and only returned after the game to collect his money! :evil:

Burgerman - you are certainly not a prat - I would never insult a fellow Town fan.

But I think you are being a little unkind on Garforth - who have had some decent results this season, and were leading league leaders Halifax 3-1 until the last five minutes the other night until a whole host of bizzare incidents resulted in them losing 3-4 in the last few minutes - including losing their goalkeeper with a serious head injury and the referee being intimated by over 500 hostile Halifax fans.

I think you will also find that Warrington's improved performance on Saturday was partly down to the fact that an over paid, over inflated self centred so calle dsuper star was left out of the squad and only returned after the game to collect his money! :evil:

insider i would like to say sorry for calling you a prat maybe i could buy you a pint on tuesday at the harrogate game!!

i agree about the super star in my eyes he hasnt played well since we played whitby i think he started to believe his own hype and thought he was bigger than the club.

i hope it gives him a kick up the backside and if not i would get shut of him.

as for garforth i can only comment on what i have seen and what i saw wasnt very good.

all the best

I must say that I agree with a few comments made, think Mike Tommo back if not fully fit makes a difference he is the organiser of that defence and also has an influence on the kids in midfield, he seems to have a good understanding with Tom Hardwick which goes along way, thought the defence looked solid and Chris Gaugen put a shift in as well worked hard, thought the spoilt one wasn't missed. I wish the second in command Stuart would stop shouting the players name just as the ball is being delivered by the opposition could make our player look at him and miss the cross some weird comments at times. I must say that the referee and linesman were the worst I have seen in non league football and there have been some bad ones.

Hey life a bit brighter after the result even though we weren't that good

Agree with most of whats above, Garforth weren't very good, we were a bit better. Tommo makes a massive difference in defence and alongside Tom Hardwick makes a formidable partnership. Gahgan always works hard and despite his penalty miss, was worth a goal yesterday. Onwards and upwards with Harrogate to come to Town on Tuesday. Lets get behind the boys as always, I know the lads appreciate it

Agree with most of whats above, Garforth weren't very good, we were a bit better. Tommo makes a massive difference in defence and alongside Tom Hardwick makes a formidable partnership. Gahgan always works hard and despite his penalty miss, was worth a goal yesterday. Onwards and upwards with Harrogate to come to Town on Tuesday. Lets get behind the boys as always, I know the lads appreciate it

and lets hope we have a few supporters turn up as Harrogate won't bring many! :roll:

We need to build the team around Tomo, Hardwick, Gahgan, young Sam and maybe Grogan, Duffy, the two Connors and possibly Salmon and Evo.

Jury still out on Connet although he did keep a clean sheet at long last.

Don't think the rest are up to it.

Also think the management should refrain from swearing at the officials, no matter how bad they are! :cry:

from what i saw against garforth we had improved and we have a lot of talent in the team but the belief we had before christmas has seem to have disappeared we are safe now though we aren't going to get play offs and we aren't going to get relegated so i believe that joey is building for next season where hopefully we can build on this season and as for the super star i agree that he has a too big ego but has a lot of talent and brings something to the team but needs find the early pass and needs to get fitter as he is lazy

as a true town fan i would like to say a huge thanks to JOEY, TOMO and ALL OF THE SUPPORT that has been given this year everyone praises the goalscorers of jimmy, gaghan and salmon but we need to thank joey and the management team that has changed the club for the better and made a huge improvement on last season and our captain has given a huge boost

but personally i think the most consistant player this year has been Tom Hardwick