Spring sunshine -

observer

Seemed as if everyone had appeared on the roads today, as if from hibernation - and with it, a rash of Richard Heads presumably with a driving licence. Clustering around shops, parking on junctions thus making side roads inaccessible to two-way traffic etc. Watched one young girl come out of a shop, with her mobey on her shoulder (talking away); then gets in a huge 4X4 , parked on the shoulder of a TL junction, then just drives off - still talking on her phone :roll:

I noticed it too today Obs.

Never ending 'boom boom' boys flying down our road today with windows down, tops off and music up full :lol: Guess the sunshine must affect their brain 'cell'....

Mums with car loads of giddy toddlers probably heading to/from Walton Gardens and a never ending stream of push bike riders in lycra :D:lol:

Was in the village car park when a bloke walked upto his car pressing buttons on his mobile (must have been dialing someone) then got in his car started the engine... and drove off as he started having the phone conversation.

My son was the one who spotted him and I let him off for calling the so called grown up a complete 'd' head :oops::wink:

Dis,

you should have got your phone out and pretended to take photos of him in his car on the phone.... then when he stops to ask what you are doing; tell him you are making a note so you don't forget his number for the next time you are on duty!! :lol:

well sunday was a nice day for driving.

coming back from my father in laws was overtaken by a guy towing a caravan, not a small one either one of those five or six berth jobs with all mod cons. i had to pull into the inside lane to let him past before he rear ended me. would have liked to have known what speed he was doing as i was pushing sixty eight which is about the upper limit for my car on a good day with no headwind and a slight downhill. could not keep up with him and slowed to sixty five whilst watching him disappear into the distance.

never a police car about when you need them :cry::lol::lol:

:lol::wink:

PS EvilS the caravan bloke can't have really been going that fast if you could see all his beds and mod cons :lol:

As you were going downhill at the time did it occur to you that maybe his brakes had failed as he disappeared off into the distance :shock::lol:

given that the Maximum towing speed for a caravan is 60mph then he was exceeding the speed limit by quite a bit.

as i say at 67mph he was moving past me quite quickly it was only when i slowed that he went away from me.

the downhill section of the motorway was the bit that goes past frodsham and helsby so not that big a hill even if his brakes had failed.

will also say that the mini moto brigade were out at the weekend buzzing around the streets and sankey valley park along with the quad bike duo that seem to think that it is legal to ride one on the public road.

no lights or indicators and the two "children"riding it could not have been more than fourteen so probably no insurance or license.

noticed quite a few convertibles with their tops down, posing in the traffic and sharing their "music" - summer must be here! :wink:

I blame it on the car design Obs.... as since having my 'new' one I've apparently turned into a a 'boom boom' mum :shock: ... my son laughed told me to turn it down as he could hear it when he came out of the school doors :oops:

Must have external surround sound or something as I'm sure it wasn't that loud inside the car :lol::oops:

We have loads of cycles here -when the sun is not up yet(on my way to work) I have to be very careful not to run them over as they do not seem to think they have to use the bike lane that was made for them.

Also we have a lot of runners - at least they stay on the sidewalk, most of the time. Some really close calls when I first started now I watch, watch, watch. :roll: