TRAVELLERS IN WONDERLAND

Pedro

Daresbury is the latest venue for an unauthorised Travellers Caravan Park. Started a couple of weeks ago with construction of stable like timber building on a strip of land alongside A56 close to Daresbury Park Hotel and now 8 caravans moved in. Will be interesting to see how Halton Council handles this as they are believed to have sold the land to a Travellers' representative.

Daresbury is the latest venue for an unauthorised Travellers Caravan Park. Started a couple of weeks ago with construction of stable like timber building on a strip of land alongside A56 close to Daresbury Park Hotel and now 8 caravans moved in. Will be interesting to see how Halton Council handles this as they are believed to have sold the land to a Travellers' representative.

depends if they sold the land with planning permission for a travellers camp! :roll:

Shotguns and bulldozers would get rid of the freeloading, lawbreaking scum quick enough....

Another by product of these daft huuuuman rites laws is that now they get months while appeals are heard, solicitors make thousands from legal aid and the pikeys moan about having to take their kids out of school...... amazing!

I passed it today and it only looks small... it is a bit of a blot on that landscape though :?

....... As were all the conservative 'for sale' type sign boards everywhere. Is that really needed (sorry Paul) but they are a bit of an eyesore and a distraction especailly with all the road bollards everywhere and odd road markings that have appeared :?

I agree - all the Tory signs along the A56 are a distraction to motorists and illegal - WBC Highways should intervene. The white lines on the A56 between Higher Walton and Daresbury over the last couple of days are certainly odd - gutter lines on each side and two lines in the middle :?:? - might be something to do with traffic flow for Creamfields over the next 3 August Bank Holiday Weekends - a few days ago a Creamfields Yellow Parking Directions sign appeared by the Toast Rack bridge but was removed a day later :x:x Correcting my earlier post, the Travellers did not buy the Darebury land off Halton BC - someone else did and sold on to the Travellers. Daresbury residents are holdnng a meeting on the current situation this weekend. D'ont recall any allotments on the site Peter T.

Baz - advertsing adjacent to public higways on private land requires planning permission from Local Authority. Advertising on trailers, and lorries in fields along side motorways is illegal - as proprietor of the Appleton Maize Maze discovered last year. That said there are companies/individuals prepared to pay land owners large sums to allow field advertising by motorways (sod the legalities - like the Travellers really). Apart from two (on the Conservative candidate's front wall and on an old sight screen at the former Moore and Daresbury cricket ground) all the Tory posters proliferating the A56 from Walton to Daresbury are on wooden posts on the road side of the hedges and therefore on Council land. It's all about causing distraction to road users and accident risk.

Pedro,

I am assuming you know for certain that permission hasn't already been granted? and secondly, if the process takes as long as the following example, then personally, I wouldn't even bother asking as the election would be long over by then!!

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/roadside_advertising

Pedro.... I thought LA planning permission was only needed for business advertising :wink:

The signs in question are are similar to 'for sale signs' in design and if they are on private land it's no different than having an actual for sale signs up in gardens on a road.

I have no doubt that the signs are all legally sited as they wouldn't have been placed there otherwise and I have no problem with their advertising campaign idea of signs as thats not really my point.......

.....I just think there are FAR too many of them all in one place and one after the other. Not only are they a distraction but they look really messy and tacky :?:oops:

Three along each side of the whole stretch of road would suffice :D

Anyway I appologise for hijacking this thread with my ealier comment... bet the travellers are relieved :lol::lol::oops:

Halton BC have apparently issued them with a 'stop notice' (whatever that is) and a 'removal notice' to remove the caravans by the beginning of June. The owner has planning permission for the stables though so maybe they could live in there while they apply for planning approval for the vans.... can't make families homeless and all that eh :wink:

Why's that then... isn't electioneering just another way of advertising for new business :wink:

With WBC clamping down so hard on small local businesses who are trying to stay afloat but have fallen foul of advertising without the correct 'permission' ... whilst at the same time WBC allowing local businesses with more spare cash to pay for 'sponsored by' WBC signs on roundabouts etc....

Would an election road side 'poster' saying 'Vote Conservative/David Mowat' ...then a little bit at the bottom saying supporting '[local business name]' be allowed :wink: (same for other parties too of course but I've not seen any of theirs so far :lol: )

Just think how many small businesses could actually benefit :lol: