Dumbos 2-3 Croatia

busby

Face reality. England never fail.............to disappoint and tonight they exceeded all expectations. It grieves me to say that the only England player that tried was the giraffe. Mind you I can always fall back on my Irish nationality :wink::wink:

A group that they should have won at a canter!!!!

Is it the players who are incompetent or the management?

Perhaps we should forget about world football and just concentrate on the Prem and European.

At least some English players might win something.

What has McLaren got against David James? :confused:

Yes it was a dismal display. I think we should face facts that we aren't good enough, plain and simple. As pointing to the absence of player, that is not an excuse as they had their chance to put things right in the previous 11 games. Lest we forget Wanye Rooney only proke his competitive game drought against Israel at home a few months ago. Maclaren shouldn't need to be sacked, he should do the decent thing and resign. Keegan did when he knew he wasn't up to it. It's a sorry state to be in for English football, but I doubt the players will care when they're watching the Championships on a private beach in the summer. :(

The FA have set up an enquiry to be chaired by none other than Brian Barwick to investigate 'What went wrong?'

Shouldn't take him long :roll::roll:

Who else could employ such an incompetent football coach and agree a contract that gives that coach ?2.5m for being an utter failure.

I am surprised that they are not queuing up around the block

Not only foreign players but foreign coaches as well. Have the players forgotten how to play the English game when they play together?

Look how Sven has performed since going to City. Different again and he has done it without so-called stars.

Perhaps Wenger is right having all foreign players, the English just aren't good enough and we get duped by the National Media into thinking our players are world beaters. :(

McClaren won't resign, he'd be mad to do so when it would mean saying goodbye to all that lovely money the FA will have to pay him when he gets the sack. :wink::wink::wink:

Well lets hope we can forget this and that the new trainer will sort out the England team and get us back where we belong at the moment England football is dead.

England hasnt played well for a long time even in the World Cup we didnt play well and just got through by the skin of our teeth and with a lot of luck..

Steve

back where we belong

Where exactly is that? Until the foreign ownership in the Premiership and foreign recruitment is drastically cut we will always be on a downward spiral. You end up where you deserve to be and the concept of 'back where we belong' is straight out of the Book of Nonsense.

Italy, amongst others have the correct approach, the majority of the better players in Serie A are Italian.

[ 22.11.2007, 19:06: Message edited by: Eagle ]

I believe that England should be a top team and not where they are now,they are middle class and we have some of the best footballers and trainers in the world so theres no need to be middle class and should be a top class team.

I dont believe it has anything to do with foriegners and ownership of teams within any league.

Steve

The way i look at this is, the England manager has the pick of the players(English) so what does it matter who is at the top of the table? or do you think we should just call Arsenal up and call them England just because they are top of the league?(if they were all English players that is)

its upto the trainer/manager to call up and train a team, They have the pick of all so why why cant he pick a team that can do the job?

playing with foreign nationals doesnt mean that the English player cant play within a complete English team,so i dont see what that has to do with the national team?? all the other Countrys do the same so why cant we??

Steve

Steve, I can honestly say that your reply is totally baffling. You have totally failed to appreciate my concerns about the Premiership affect on the England team either by design or ignorance. I will say no more,I will not give you cause to moderate my post.But please join the real world.

Surely, if he is in a team of mostly foreigners with a foreign coach, he will be mentally brainwashed into a different way of playing and thinking, and when you have 11 such players who get together once or twice a year, it must be very difficult to get on the same wavelength.

In the second half last night England could arguably be said to have had the best three midfielders on the pitch in Lampard, Gerrard and Beckham, yet they were rubbish. There has to be a reason, and blaming the coach for that doesn't make sense. Surely players would (or should) want to win a game like that regardless of the coach.

In case none of you have noticed, Wenger has stated that his next Arsenal team after this one will be English. Check out the younger Arsenal teams at work under Liam Brady. :D

At least we Northern Irish KNOW we're rubbish, hence why we sing, "We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland!"

[ 25.11.2007, 17:14: Message edited by: GUNNER ]

So the fact that Arsenal are top of the table and can produce a team without one Englishman is not detrimental to the national game?

I think he has reacted to the word 'Arsenal', but Arsenal do it because the rules allow, the rules need changing although Steve doesn't see a problem.

220 players started this weekend's Premiership games, 75 were English.(Derby & Middlesbro' had 16 of these). I think that is a problem for the national game.