Council savings?

observer

Nothing at all wrong with spouting above your pay grade Obs as long as what you are spouting is valid and/or constructive :wink:

I'm starting to feel quite sorry for the chap though. Ok so the bit about supporting the smoking ban in cars may have not been thought through fully.

Anyway I always thought it was the officers who recomended things and who advise the councillors accordingly :wink:

PS everyone is entitled to an opinion as that is all it is... an opinion :lol::P

Nothing at all wrong with spouting above your pay grade Obs as long as what you are spouting is valid and/or constructive

I don't see much that is valid or constructive about proposing to ban smoking in cars which belong to people without children, and who never carry other peoples children in them, as a way of improving child health.

The guy (in common with the medics who originally dreamt up the idea) is clearly an idiot with too little real work to do.

If parents chose to smoke in their cars with their own kids on board then that's their choice - not a great choice, but theirs to make. Similarly, if parents allow their kids to be carried by other people in cars where there might be smoking then again, it's their choice and their responsibility.

This thread seems to be wrongly named as it is more to do with smoking in cars than council savings!

I have always thought that smoking in cars should be banned for the same reason as using a mobile phone has been banned - it interferes with the ability of the driver to drive properly.

Actually, of course, smoking will eventually be banned altogether - and the sooner the better!

Whenever the Exchequer - or any other tax raising body - is involved there's never, ever a question of transfering the tax burden from one thing to another.

It's always just about finding more ways to grab more cash from more sources so that spending departments can lash it out on ever more ridiculous boondoggles.