Road Works?

observer

Come and live in Lymm. We have a programme of roadworks scheduled to last 26 weeks, closing various roads on different days, rerouting buses and stopping for festivals and bank holidays. It's already behind schedule, I think, so all the notices about what's happening and where are wrong. Every trip is an adventure!

They don't resurface roads these days Obs....they just put neat little squares over small problem areas.

Prime example Bedford Street in Stockton Heath (I think that's the road name anyway).. It leads from Bargain Booze down to near the Walton Road triangle.

Anyway there must have been in excess of 20 huge potholes on the small road and thankfully they have recently been repaired.

BUT.. there are still small potholes right next to the larger ones that were spray marked for repair. Some are even touching the new repair so give it a few months and the new repairs will have all broken up again :roll: DURH !!!

Spending the budget before the end of the year.....

I mean what prat allows Bewsey Road to be closed completely and then also allows traffic lights (that don't sync properly) and more roadworks on the bridge on Folly Lane, which just happens to be on the diversion route for the Bewsey Road works.....

God these Lib Dems really don't like cars do they!! :lol:

The problem is Baz, I doubt the politicians are even aware of it - and the Libs are not noted for micro-management. Believe there used to be an agreement between the Council and all Utilies; to co-ordinate their excavations - so that when they've finished digging up the roads - the Council can come along and re-surface the whole street/road. :roll:

Lymm a priority again? :roll:

No, sadly not. It's something to do with replacing incredibly elderly something or others that run underground in the village centre. It's a private company, not a Council investment. I believe our Parish Council have got WBC to promise that they'll ensure the diggers eventually put it all back as it was, but what's a promise worth in an election year?

It's something to do with replacing incredibly elderly something or others that run underground in the village centre.

How scarey... do they know what they are yet :shock: Maybe they old and forgotten trolls who used to live in the tunnels and under the old bridges from the upper/lower dam area etc.

Wonder if they come out and prey on living flesh in the dark of night :shock::lol:

Dizzy.

It's the Boggarts that live in the tunnels and pipeworks around Lymm dam. Nasty smelly little creatures that frequent the Village once the light starts to fade. Don't go dabbling with the forces of nature if you know what's best for you.

For a more informative read, try to get hold of a copy of "The Boggarts Of Wildboar Clough" by L.O. Mecock.

Anyway... :lol::lol:

Here's an old photo of cable/pipe laying in Lymm from the early 1900's I believe. Doesn't seem to have caused much disruption and the work gear was the usual flat cap and braces... I just love old photos :D

cablelayinglymm.jpg

Anyway... :lol::lol:

Here's an old photo of cable/pipe laying in Lymm from the early 1900's I believe. Doesn't seem to have caused much disruption and the work gear was the usual flat cap and braces... I just love old photos :D

cablelayinglymm.jpg

That's probably the lot they are replacing now! I can't recall whether it's gas, leccy or what. They did tell us, but it might well have been a cover up for Boggart Refurbs. Seems to fit nicely that some smelly and unpleasant bit of local wildlife is getting treated to posh new habitation whilst the human inhabitants have to go miles out of their way, dodge massive holes and guess where the fun will be on any given day!

Aren't they currently replacing the gas/water pipes that were only replaced a couple of years LP. Seem ot remember reading that after all the disruption that was caused at the time the wrong size had been used or something like that anyway :?