Budget?

observer

Are you annoyed SD :shock::lol::wink:

It only amounts to 50p a month....?6 a year....or approx just over 1.5p per day :?

It could backfire on them though as like the Exec Director of Strategy and Regulations from Talk Talk and others are saying it could result in hundreds of thousands of households chosing to give up their landline connections all together.

And presumably if we all do then all the phone companies will suddenly be offering much cheaper packages to entice customers :wink:

It's not the amount, it's the principle, it should be the companies that invest in the infrastructure for the benefit of there customers, why should it be taken from my families hard earned over taxed money!

The telecommunication companies should be forced into a joint venture and pay equal/percentage amounts from there over bloated profits and bonuses!

It seems with all tax?s once it has been introduced, it is never taken away!

This government was not voted in to rip off and steal money from the very people who elected them and here to serve, (I did not vote for these B******s I would like to point out and never will) we are the paymasters not them and when that election day is called,

I will be first in the queue to place my vote in that glorious ballot box, to serve justice and do my bit to right the wrongs of the Blair and Brown government!

:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:roll:

I do agree with you actually SD.... :wink:

I was just going to get rid of my landline once they confirmed wether cable landlines were also included as I can use my mobile to phone people for free... only downide is people phoning me would have to ring my mobile and pay more if they are still on landlines. Not to worry eh :lol::wink:

As for voting though... like you say Browns lot have now proved that they are totally inadequate and useless and don't deserve votes but from where I'm sitting no-one else has actually said a lot to convince me or prove that they have any better ideas or solutions either :?

All they do is spit, jibe, laugh, joke, wave their arms and constantly criticise each others plans and actions without actually putting their full cards on the table and saying 'right this is EXACTLY what we WILL be doing do ! ' Unless I've missed that bit of course.

They should all be FORCED to work together as a team or sod off and maybe things would finally get sorted and silly childish play time antics in the commons could be abolished once and for all.

You guessed it I just watched a bit of yesterday's childish neanderthol antics :roll::evil:

" neaderthol"? and Eagle didn't dive in with a correction - strange. :? The problem we have is: that the majority of the public don't believe that the economic situation is as bad as it actually is; with most believing that efficiency savings will do. Sadly not so; whoever gets in, we're looking at draconian cuts in public services, more so than the Thatcher years; general increases in taxation across the board etc. The only question for those voting for the main Parties will be; where will the pain fall, will it be fair and will we really be "all in it together"?! :wink:

I don't mind paying a bit so everyone can have broadband, but I don't think it should be lumped on line rental. Add it to broadband charges and force the relevant companies to match the amount they get and invest the lot in improving services. As opposed to BT getting their hands on nearly all of it, when they are the most expensive provider of everything! I certainly don't think anyone should be paying this tax if they don't use broadband - that's just penalising people unfairly.

I wouldn't be surprised that the next new tax rise will be on my car to pay for bikes for those who have not got one or tax rise on chocolate to pay for peoples dentist bills!

Nothing will surprise me anymore what this corrupt and lost the plot government will do.

It is they who should be dancing to our tune not us to theirs!, we are the organ grinders, they should be the dancing monkeys, instead they are on the gravy train going full steam ahead shoveling all that money in to their pockets and foreign bank accounts as fast as they can, before they are voted/booted out

I wouldn't be surprised that the next new tax rise will be on my car to pay for bikes for those who have not got one or tax rise on chocolate to pay for peoples dentist bills!

Nothing will surprise me anymore what this corrupt and lost the plot government will do.

It is they who should be dancing to our tune not us to theirs!, we are the organ grinders, they should be the dancing monkeys, instead they are on the gravy train going full steam ahead shoveling all that money in to their pockets and foreign bank accounts as fast as they can, before they are voted/booted out

Deary me, Sue. 50p a month is not worth a stroke! It's covering the cost of making good the promise of broadband for every home. Naughty to add it to phone line charges, but hardly corruption. I suppose the reasoning is that by adding it to the line rental charges, anyone using broadband at any time will support the cost, whilst anyone without a phone line won't get any benefit so why should they contribute. My only objection is the number of people, particularly old people who wil pay the tax and never use the broadband.

50p here, couple of pence there, soon adds up, peoples hard earned

wages are being chipped away, bit by bit, if you earn hundred of thousands of pounds per year, no doubt you will not be bothered.

But why should I pay for someone who has not got broadband, I repeat, the money for the improved infrastructure should come out of the vast profits and bonuses of the telecom companies, not my pocket!

I need a new car, so how about if every new car buyer pays ?50 more. so I can get a new car for free!

:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:roll:

And me :D:wink:

I have just put our details into the bbc's budget 2010 calculator and seems that the only budget changes that are actually going to affect my family for the worse are those on are cigs, booze and fuel.

So if stop smoking and we both stop drinking we'll be masively in pocket by the end of the year.... which we would be anyway if we didn't do either :wink::lol:

Would be in more 'in profit' if our little angel was still under the age of 16 :wink:

So the budgets not that bad really :roll::wink: