Robbington Borough Council

Bazj

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have just had my Poll Tax bill for the coming year and to be honest; I am bloody livid.

Great Sankey Parish Council ....have upped their Parish contribution by 17.6%

We've got our bills now and the following increases are obviously the same as yours Baz ie:

2.4% to the Council

2.7% for the Police

2.9% to the fire authority

but if it helps here's our two local Parish Council increases per household

Stockton Heath Parish Council - amount ?23.11 (increase of 1.9%)

Walton Parish Council amount - amount ?8.12 (increase of 0%) :D

PS You never did say what the actual amount in ?'s that Great Sankey Parish Council are Charging you.

I'll have to get the bill out of the bin and have a look for the amount in pounds, however that isn't the point.

I know it is only in the ?20 odd pound a year, it is the percentage that is the issue. If WBC had put the poll tax up by 17.6% I'm sure people would have stood up and took notice then

I'll have to get the bill out of the bin and have a look for the amount in pounds, however that isn't the point.

You threw your bill in the bin when you said you were going to have out out with them Baz..... not such a good idea :lol:

Believe "the public" can write in and ask an open question at full Council, but don't expect a yes or no answer!

In fact don't expect any answer relevant to the question asked, so why bother in the first place?

Perhaps those who wish for a "personality" upon whom they can vent their scorn, should petition and vote for an elected Mayor? :?

Whose looking for a" personality" upon whom they can vent their scorn?

What we need is more transparency with regard to what each individual councillors views actually are, what 'council' proposals they agree with or oppose and who actually votes for what!

I don't think councillors should be allowed to either hide behind 'party' decisions or be made to 'tow the party line'.

Each councillors actions / non actions should be open to public scrutiny.

Only by knowing what they actually do can we truly judge their individual worth as a councillor.

It always makes me chuckle when someone is getting harangued for doing something when the whingers can't even use the correct expression.

I can just see a load of councillors on Asperity's ship pulling a large rope.

It is "toeing the party line" :(

Sha,

there aren't even 3 voices.... The Lib Dems & Tories are in bed together and vote against Labour & vice versa.

You've got to see it to believe it, when they're all in the town hall they act like they're full on politicians it'd be hilarious if they wern't making REAL decisions that affect us. I naively considered this to be a democratic society, however, changed my mind on visiting the town hall. PATHETIC is what it is. Not many have the balls to stand up to their own party when the whip comes out.... WHIP @ local government - when they should be working for us, it's all about who is in power, lots of posturing from Lib Dem / Tories saying to Labour that when they were in power no money came their way.... Absolutely wrong - it should be spent where it's needed not where they live....

Rant over... Thanks Paul

I still note that living in Westbrook, we have no councillor (Parish or Town) who lives in this area. Therefore I pay into a system whereby I am not represented

Why should I pay into Great Sankey Parish Council? Where were they when there was the big issue with ASDA wanting to change their entrance and shift all traffic to the cinema roundabout? Where were they when all the fuss was caused about the Westbrook lights (which IS in the Westbrook parish and is 60 yards from my house and affects me everyday?)

I cannot think of one thing that the bunch of councillors from Sankey has done to benefit me in Westbrook

I really cannot wait to have a chat!

Westbrook should be put into the Parish of Wesbrook and maybe then we would get some benefits from the money we pile into it

I still note that living in Westbrook, we have no councillor (Parish or Town) who lives in this area. Therefore I pay into a system whereby I am not represented

Why should I pay into Great Sankey Parish Council? Where were they when there was the big issue with ASDA wanting to change their entrance and shift all traffic to the cinema roundabout? Where were they when all the fuss was caused about the Westbrook lights (which IS in the Westbrook parish and is 60 yards from my house and affects me everyday?)

I cannot think of one thing that the bunch of councillors from Sankey has done to benefit me in Westbrook

I really cannot wait to have a chat!

Westbrook should be put into the Parish of Wesbrook and maybe then we would get some benefits from the money we pile into it

Baz

Sorry but you do have 1 parish councillor in West brook. Matt Newton for the Lib Dems lives on Westbrook crescent. He was elected in december when he unfortunately beat myself.

Sha,

there aren't even 3 voices.... The Lib Dems & Tories are in bed together and vote against Labour & vice versa.

You've got to see it to believe it, when they're all in the town hall they act like they're full on politicians it'd be hilarious if they wern't making REAL decisions that affect us. I naively considered this to be a democratic society, however, changed my mind on visiting the town hall. PATHETIC is what it is. Not many have the balls to stand up to their own party when the whip comes out.... WHIP @ local government - when they should be working for us, it's all about who is in power, lots of posturing from Lib Dem / Tories saying to Labour that when they were in power no money came their way.... Absolutely wrong - it should be spent where it's needed not where they live....

Rant over... Thanks Paul

The great news is Paul, that nominations have just opened for the local elections, get your name down and give it a go. :wink:

Stephen,

Is Mr Newton an independant or does he take the party shilling?

Also, if you had won, there would have been no one from Westbrook and as we here still do not have any visable benefits from his election (other than a 17.6% stipend rise) he uisn't doing much for us round here is he???

What party did you stand for and can you explain why we need party politics at parish level? because I can't think of one half decent argument for it, but I can think of loads against!

Just answered my own question as I found a flyer which has you on it as a potential candidate for WBC.......

Well at least you live in Warrington (unlike Jo Crotty who only has the flat of convenience in Bewsey to live in when she isn't at home in Birmingham :lol: )

I still cannot understand why Westbrook is in the Great Sankey parish, although it does explain the lack of any kind of support for issues in this area. Surely the title "the Parish of Burtonwood and Westbrook" and the signs at either end of Westbrook Crescent should indicate which parish it should fall into however the signs are misleading as only the road (Westbrook Crescent) is in the Westbrook Parish, all the estates off the crescent are in Sankey; with the exception of about 12 houses at the top end of a couple of side roads!! Crazy

Having said that, Bewsey is now classed as Warrington South so anything is possible!! If the Tory chap does win Warrington South at the election, I can't really see him openly canvassing down Southworth Avenue..... can you???

Baz... what happened to Burtonwood and Westbrook Parish Council :?

There are no new minutes on their website since April/May 09. Odd as they had set their precepts for 2009/10 etc etc

Did they suddenly disband and Great Sankey Parish Council took over their responsibilites or something ?

I can assure that I'm not in bed with any Lib Dem. :wink::D

And funnily enough I did vote for a Labour ammendment on the 1st March Full Council.

Hi Paul, you weren't a Borough Councillor when I experienced the goings on in the Town Hall, and I must congratulate you for having the backbone to vote for what's right and not always towing the line as that is what I saw, blatant would be an understatement. Warrington Councillors play Party Politics which I believe is of no benefit to the Town whatsoever.

And I quote, Labour spent in their constituencies for their years in power, now it's our turn.... Absolute Disgrace

Glad to hear you're not in bed with any Lib Dems, I've not seen any that take my fancy either...

WRT joining the club, it's a tad late as they are all out blazing the campaign trail, but maybe another time.

Cheers

Paul

Never knew Bewsey was classed as being in Warrington South.

Is there an online map that shows which areas fall within the Warrington North and Warrington South constituencies.

Might make some people stop whinging on about the so called north/south divide and how the two areas are treated differently :lol::wink: