Robbington Borough Council

Bazj

Wellll I have just had my Poll Tax bill for the coming year and to be honest; I am bloody livid.

I live in Westbrook. I live between the Seven Woods pub and the lights at Asda. I pass a sign that says Westbrook whichever way I come to my close and yet this thieving bunch of swines that call themselves a Council see fit to put me in the Great Sankey Parish Council area and as a result they have upped their Parish contribution by 17.6% 17.6% in the middle of a bloody recession?

They then go on to boast of savings of over 23 million pounds and yet my overall bill goes up by 2.4% to the Council..... 2.7% for the Police (to pay for all those nice new patrol cars that are currently running about no doubt) and 2.9% to the fire authority(despite them closing stations?)

We really are being taken for mugs by these buggers and something needs to be done.

I don't live in Sankey but I would appreciate it if sdomeone can tell me the time and plaxce of the next Parish Council meeting or where I could find out, because boy oh boy am I going to give them some of my considerable mind!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhh apparently Westbrook (where I live) is not in the Parish of Westbrook, it is in the Parish of Great Sankey????? When you look on the parish boundary map, there is actually very little of Westbrook in the Westbrook Parish as most falls into Great Sankey. By comparison, the Westbrook and Burtonwood Parish have raised their amounts by 0.6%

These jokers are in for some stick on the second Wednesday of next month when I intend to attend the next meeting. I mean it is at the Park Road Community Centre for gods sake.... How far away can you get? It might as well be in Appleton!

Apparently I have met the parish Chairman as he is the guy I accused of trying to parachute Crotty into Warrington when she has no connection with the town except for the flat of convenience in Bewsey..... so it should be a nice meeting.

:shock: Better let the St John's lot know they'll need to order extra bandages....

Does it help to know that Lymm Parish Council haven't upped my bill by a penny? Thought not... :lol: But if my PC did charge another 17%, that would be an increase of ?3.99 for the year. Against WBC's own 2.4% increase, which sounds tiny, but costs me ?23.68.

I hate paying it, but the only thing I find truly unfair is the single person discount. Tax is based on the premise that two adults live in a property. Where more live there, there's no extra charge, but for people living alone, including pensioners, the reduction is only a quarter, not half.

Not got ours yet but sounds like it's on it's way then :shock::evil:

Baj... I'd like to be a fly on the wall at that meeting... :shock: maybe we could all come along :lol:

How much in ?'s is the total new contribution (including the increase of 17.6%) that is for Great Sankey Parish Council.

Could just be that they haven't increased it for years and the large % increase is to get it in line with other Parish Councils funding who have increased theirs each year.

Doesn't suprise me that Lymms is so small though as there are a few twitchy bums on seats round there :wink::D

Doesn't suprise me that Lymms is so small though as there are a few twitchy bums on seats round there :wink::D

Twitchy bums? Do tell! I don't take a lot of notice of politicians at any level. Our Parish Council has always been very fair with us, and as Lymm has grown with the new builds, they've not needed to increase the amount per household. They are excellent value too. Worst thing that ever happened to Lymm was being taken into Warrington instead of left alone to manage our own services. :(

Well a bit of digging tells me that last year, Sankey parish had a surplus of cash and yet this year they have none left?

Apparently there is a surgery held on the 27th at the Tim Parry centre so I hope Cllr Gleave has his thick skin on that day. :lol:

Twitchy bums? Do tell! :(

I thought Ian Marks, Shiela Woodtwitt and Bob Barr and a few others who's names I have forgotten are all in/from Lymm... don't they all keep getting a slagging off from various angles :lol:

Twitchy bums? Do tell! :(

I thought Ian Marks, Shiela Woodtwitt and Bob Barr and a few others who's names I have forgotten are all in/from Lymm... don't they all keep getting a slagging off from various angles :lol:

I think Ian and Sheila got elected around the end of the First World War. They're definitely ours. I thought Tim Hargrove was our third man, but now I check, you're right. I don't really pay much mind to it - I'm frightened of ending up like Obs and Baz! :twisted:

He used to tell us about the problems in the village centre with the roadworks.

I think Town Hall were worried that he might say the wrong thing. "Paranoia Rules".

Paul was posting before he became a cllr and is very much his own man. He also subscribes to the 'common sense' viewpoint. A rare breed in the political circus.

I think we all appreciate your openness and contributions on here Paul.

It's a refreshing change to have an elected councillor who will engage in day to day conversation and discussions with the riff raff :lol: and who doesn't hide away when the going may get a little tough :wink:

Shame that a lot of others councillors don't join in and show that they are human and have their own backbone too :cry:

Bob Barr used to post on here before he had his knuckles rapped by his boss.

Not a very "democratic" boss then!!

Don't you ever wonder just what makes political parties choose such bad leaders?

If you look at Warrington, there's a lot of good councillors spread across all the political parties, with the right leader any of the parties could make a vast improvement in the town, but it just doesn't happen does it?

I think we all appreciate your openness and contributions on here Paul.

It's a refreshing change to have an elected councillor who will engage in day to day conversation and discussions with the riff raff :lol: and who doesn't hide away when the going may get a little tough :wink:

Shame that a lot of others councillors don't join in and show that they are human and have their own backbone too :cry:

Agree.

I don't always agree with what you say Paul, but got to say I respect your openness and willingness to engage with the public.

I think there should be a council forum where any member of the public can question any councillor and get a public reply.

Why are they so reluctant to engage with the public?

probably because they know what the public think of them, rightly or wrongly. it would more than likely end up with opponents spending their time sniping at each other.

just have to look at some of the spats we have on this forum and we are reasonable and intelligent posters with well balanced views. 8):lol::lol::twisted: