HELP Slow and hanging internet ?

Dizzy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just delete them Diz it won't break anything. I've just done my machine and it brought up much the same (and a few extra.) Just click the button and get rid of all the dodgy stuff.

There's some question about the "I stole windows" one so just un-check the tick box on that one and delete the rest.

Bill :)

Have you tried your bank for software to protect your identity? Mine issues card readers and also lets you download a bit of free software that protects your banking details, confirms you're on the genuine bank site and even protects you if you have a virus. My Dad's bank or cardprovidr (can't recall which) gives every customer a free virus protection suite from one of the known names.

Thanks all?.hope you don?t mind a global reply.. having to use chrome to post again as although internet explorer and my pc are pretty quick tonight they don?t like me going on Warr Worldwide again for some reason.

As you can see,you've got a few trojans on your PC,backdoor ones which hide away,as for the *i stole windows* one,you do have the win XP activation code for the PC?The question is,how come you got all these in the first place,i know it's not you going on dodgy sites,but someone maybe.They didn't just get installed by chance.I can only repeat-don't put in any banking etc passwords before they are all removed.PM me if you want more help off forum.

I was hoping you were going to tell me you were really a mushroom farmer and knew nothing at all about computers really and were just teasing me

Ok? so where can I find my XP Activation Code for my PC

No idea how I got them as I definitely don?t go onto what I class as ?dodgy? websites.. although my definition may not be the same as yours. I have taken your advice and wages for this month are being paid by cheque not internet just incase?.. sort of buggered up ordering my sons birthday pressy on line though.

I?m hoping to buy an external hard drive tomorrow so brace yourself for some serious hounding

You're lucky. I ran it and it took 2 hours, but no problems. I have already run AVG and Spybot the last few days. I'm getting paranoid.

I?M LUCKY !!!!!!

Just delete them Diz it won't break anything. I've just done my machine and it brought up much the same (and a few extra.) Just click the button and get rid of all the dodgy stuff.

There's some question about the "I stole windows" one so just un-check the tick box on that one and delete the rest.

Not got the guts Bill in the absence of system restore? which is not like me I must admit. Am going to buy an external hard drive tomorrow and firstly back up all our files up to that as well as the ?z? drive? so if it does all go disaterously wrong we wont lose everything.

Maybe Byrdy or yourself may know?.. if I back up all my files to an external hard drive then delete the malware successfully (or reinstall my operating system etc if needed) would the malware be copied back to the pc if I put my all my files back again

Have you tried your bank for software to protect your identity? .

Our bank issued a little fob that you press that gives a new security number to type in each time you log on? as I have no idea how it actually works I don?t trust it

I'm no expert but 'antiwpa.dll' is normally a clear indication of an illegal operating system.

'Hijack.Userinit' could well be preventing a system restore. I would format and install Windows again. :shock::shock:

Mmmmm?.. after reading that I am starting to wonder about my actual operating system especially after the I.Stole.Windows. description too.

If I format and reinstall windows don?t I loose all my data and installed programmes though'

I really appreciate everyone's help and advice so far.. that 's twice in one week that I find myself 'owing you all one' :D:wink:

Maybe Byrdy or yourself may know?.. if I back up all my files to an external hard drive then delete the malware successfully (or reinstall my operating system etc if needed) would the malware be copied back to the pc if I put my all my files back again

Yes,of course they would!If they are on them files.

Dizzy, pop in and see Keith on Walton Rd, opposite the chippy (used to be the Neptune, I think, years ago) he is very helpful and talks to you, not at you in PC speak. We use a Seagate external which is ok. Depends on what you want to spend. (Got it at Staples) I can't give you any info. as it is at the office. PM me if you want details on any of that.

The way I see it is she can either do as we suggest or take it to the shop and let them click it for her (and charge for it) Either way if anything does mess up it's only going to end up the same.

I had almost identical bugs reported when I ran it and deleting them had no adverse affects on this machine that I can notice.

Diz

If the machine came from a shop, it should have a sticker on it with a bar code and some numbers that prove its a genuine machine. But if it's one that someone has made up for you and put an unlicensed copy of windows on it then there could be an issue. But don't loose any sleep over this because Microsoft are really only concerned by companies like mine who could be ripping them off on a bigger scale. If it does turn out that your system is unlicensed, all you need to do is ring them and explain you bought it second-hand and they will help you make it legal possibly for a small charge.

At least if it all goes wrong, you know you have friends here that can help.

Yes,of course they would!If they are on them files.

I'm only bothered about backing up my 1000's of photos and documents etc so as the malaware log file doesn't point to any of those folders being infected I guess I'd be ok then.

I'm obviously not stupid enough to think that backing up the whole system onto an external hd would magically remove the infections... but I was stupid enough not to word my question right :lol::wink:

Diz

Your asking for advice then not doing what I'm telling you to do.

Just run the program again, untick the I stole windows one then delete the rest.

I am NOT ignoring your advice at all Bill or indeed anyone elses. :wink::D

I have every intention of clicking the button to delete AFTER I have backed up all my 1000's of personal photos and documents to an external HD. Couldn't care less if my pc dies a horrid death then as my stuff will still be accessible.... the pc is just a big black box with neon blue lights and is easily replaceable :lol:

She's a woman Bill,give her time to come round to the correct way to do things! :lol::lol:

Cheekly bugger :P

The way I see it is she can either do as we suggest or take it to the shop and let them click it for her (and charge for it) Either way if anything does mess up it's only going to end up the same.

As above Bill and I'm not paying anyone to click a button for me :wink:

PS machine was not bought from a shop as I had it custom built to my own spec a few years ago so it has no bar codes etc. I asked for, paid for, and was told that, XP was a genuine licensed copy. Mmmmm.

I've still got all the hardware boxes and software disks up in the loft... I'll have a mooch :shock:8)

Thanks for the Microsoft people info

At least if it all goes wrong, you know you have friends here that can help.

After your first two comments I'm not so sure about that :lol::lol::wink:

Right off to but a 'seagate' now... thanks Peter :D

Diz

If you want, you can bring the PC down here and we'll back everything up onto one of our machines & press the button for you :lol:

If it breaks we'll have all your stuff safe. better than paying the shop but can only really do it today as next week we're quite busy.

Just thinking, I go to SH every Friday for my beer, I could lend you a laptop to back up to if that's easier!

Thanks for the kind offer Bill but I've just reserved an external hard drive at Argos and will pick it up later.... I should have bought one ages ago really :oops::wink:

So which pub will you be in later and will Byrdy be with you so I can come and thump you both if my pc breaks :lol::lol::P only kidding :wink:

Dis, if you do have an illegal copy then it's likely that Windows updates will not be downloaded, which means any security flaws will not be corrected, which in turn means that you are open to attack in the future no matter how many times you run anti malware and delete the offending files. Leaving the 'i stole windows' will ensure that the above will continue ad infinitum.

Ok no probs. I go to London Bridge every Friday but don?t normally get there until just after 9:30

If you get the chance pop in, (I?m easy to spot being the oldest bloke in there :cry: )

Then you can give me a good kicking for all the grief I?ve given you lately.

Dis, if you do have an illegal copy then it's likely that Windows updates will not be downloaded, which means any security flaws will not be corrected, which in turn means that you are open to attack in the future no matter how many times you run anti malware and delete the offending files.

Rubbish!!,you don't have to down load windows updates from Microsoft,plenty of other sites for them,even then,the updates aren't the be all & end all,a proper firewall & antivirus will stop all attacks.In 20 years of PC use,i've never had an attack!

:lol::lol:

Firewall's are very limited in their ability to determine what is malicious and what is friendly. It is up to the operator of the firewall to decide. So if you are a computer 'expert' like byrdy then you may well prevent an attack, but the average computer user may not.

Resident security software such as anti-virus and auto-update software, are disabled by malware if the operator simply makes a mistake by opening an attachment or downloading a suspect program for instance..

Firewall's are very limited in their ability to determine what is malicious and what is friendly.

Depends really on what firewall you're using,there's far better ones than the usual Zone alarm,

same with anti-virus,AVG free is very popular but far from the best.At the end of the day though,if you keep off dodgy sites,only accept files from some one you can trust,etc.,you'll be safe.