IT'S STARTING.

observer

In our post credit world of austerity, with Councils short of cash and the availability of the "green" excuse - stand by for more stealth taxes EG: A Council in Lincolnshire(?) has now got it's traffic wardens on the prowl, seems that being stationary in a queue of vehicles on the highway, WITH YOUR ENGINE RUNNING, is punishable by an on the spot fine of ?20! :shock:

Make a fortune in Warrington. :D

Interestingly a number of cars now have auto stop / start to deal with exactly that situation. Wonder if the traffic wardens have a time limit to work to, and of course if you leave plenty of room in front and keep the car moving forward very slowly, you are not stationary. Are there warning signs. Yet another attack on motorists by the car haters....but I guess they don't hate the ?40 billion + that they pay in taxes. :wink:

Obs.. where does it say that you will get fined for not turning your engine off when stationery in traffic ?

An official report says that the fines will mainly target lorry drivers who leave engines running while loading and unloading. But drivers who fail to switch their ignition off while waiting to pick up passengers could also be fined.

That sounds fair enough to me although why on earth they have set up a specially trained team to enforce it is beyone me :lol:8)

maybe setting up a task force to tour the country clamping politicians who get elected after promising one thing then doing another or who make up stupid laws and policy

That should get rid of every single one of the useless buggers

what a spoil a good headline as well as a reason for people to buy the paper, for shame obs :lol:

read a few of the comments and had a chuckle over the one that said modern cars could be driven off without having to warm them up.

my car has an automatic choke and when that kicks in i cannot get my car into gear (it is an automatic car) so i have to sit and wait for it to warm up a bit and the choke to come off before i can attempt to move it. as a safety feature if the car is put in gear before you try and start the engine it activates a cut off and all that happens is that a little beep occurs when you turn the ignition key. (this is so that if the choke does come on the car will not hurtle forward/backwards when you start it)