Musical memories?

observer

Which tune(s) would your like at your funeral - not that you'll hear them of course?! :wink:

How many can I have :lol:

I'd have

'Whistle Down the Wind' (live version)- Tina Arena - turned up loud for the last third :wink:

'You'll be in my heart' (live version) - Phil Collins

Then some unplugged (ie accoustic gutar) lighter versions of some of my favourite rockin' songs... but then again :D

And finally maybe the time-warp for on the way out :wink:

I would come back and haunt my family if they arranged a miserable send off for me where everyone wore black and they played quiet melancholy music... etc :evil:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You lot have got me all confused, too many posts off topic in one post, writing about different subjects. :?

Why's it confusing you ? I think we are all doing rather well for once... at least we are all still talking about music :lol::wink:

It will probably go off at a tangent or downhill now that Eagle has mentioned Public Loo's though :lol:

'Stuck on You' by Lionel :lol::lol:

Sorry couldn;t resist but I did try my best not to join in for SueD's sake :lol:

So I wont mention any music played on the 'Pan Pipes' or the song 'Chain Reaction' or any songs by 'Stool Pigeon' or even any that are modern day 'Samples' of other well known tunes either :oops::lol:

'Stuck on You' by Lionel :lol::lol:

Sorry couldn;t resist but I did try my best not to join in for SueD's sake :lol:

So I wont mention any music played on the 'Pan Pipes' or the song 'Chain Reaction' or any songs by 'Stool Pigeon' or even any that are modern day 'Samples' of other well known tunes either :oops::lol:

...or do not mention any songs by Elton John or lou rawls. :wink:

Adam!!! No one said that their preferred music was the best. Only that they enjoyed their music the best. :roll:

Actually, they did. It was a long time ago and on a different thread.

I certainly haven't the time to go looking for it, but I can assure you that there were a couple of people who DID believe that some relatively modern pop singer/song writer was the equal of the great classical masters whose music has stood the test of time.

I perhaps unwisely described these people as musical illiterates (and perhaps even worse) and brought down their wrath upon my head.

Obviously, people's personal taste will determine what they like best - but it has little to do with the quality of the music.

I, for instance, quite like the singing of Louis Armstrong, but I would never suggest that he had a good voice. I enjoyed Chubby Checker singing "The Twist" but I would never describe it as good music.

There are numerous examples of music which I enjoy in a particular circumstance which I know is just junk.

On the other hand, there are works by some of the great masters which I don't enjoy but recognise as being far above my head.

Trouble is, these days, people are reluctant to admit anything is above their head - particularly those whose head is not very high in the first place :lol:

By the way, if you want "My Way" at your funeral, surely you'd sooner have the Sinatra version?

Sing, Sing, Sing!

To a drum solo :?:?:?

Such ignorance. The name of the tune was "Sing, Sing, Sing" Wolfie.

One of the epoch-making drum solos of all time.

I personally didn't rate it much - in fact I don't really rate drum solos at all - but it was a big hit at the time.

Today it is largely forgotten except for us veterans, which illustrates my oft-repeated point about popular music. It is forgotten by the next generation, unlike classical music which just keeps on going.