Polygamy?

observer

Interesting that while there is now a debate about sex education in schools and concern about the UKs high rates of teenage pregnancies - those scientific experts have thrown in a spoiler, to the effect that polygamy (multiple partners for females) will reduce the predominance of the Y chromasone (responsible for female births), allowing the production of a balance of the sexes and thus saving the human race from extinction in 9 generations time. Never thought slappers would save humanity?! :lol:

Check your home page, it was on a couple of days ago - it didn't explain the X & Y of it, but referred to the practise in nature. Apparently, many species, even those with an alpha-dominant male surrounded by a harem (EG Apes and Wolves), some of his loose females will sneak off and mate with a competitor - thus some of his kids - arn't his! :shock:

My home page is Google, cos that's what I use the most. Do you mean WWW home page? I know that varying partners produces more diverse offspring and therefore increases chances of health and survival for a species - you've only got to look at mongrels versus pedigree dogs to see that - but I've never heard that it affects the gender of the offspring.

Niether did I; most families seems to have a lot of one or the other or a mix - traditionally, bald men are associated with male offspring, but this latest science (or quackery) is suggesting it's about multiple partners - maybe they're just trying to justify our modern culture?! :?

Not many 'scientific experts' on this thread!

Nobody seems to have picked up on the fact yet that the Y chromosome is not as Obs says, female!

Of the gender pairs XX is female XY is male.

The multiple partner thesis is probably in some way related to the research done on sperm survival and PH.

The differences/fluctuations in acidity/alkalidity of the environment the sperm must travel through as the determinent of which gender gene X or Y will survive to fertilise the ovum.

Mother nature in all her infinate wisdom made either the X (female) sperm more hardy or the 'environment' more nurturing to ensure that more female (childbearing) offspring were produced and thus secure the continuing of the species.

Assuming that the female would get used to and 'acclimatise' to a regular partner the PH level would adjust to provide more females.

A different partner might upset the PH balance again and produce different sex offspring??????.

Another theory of the PH factor is that acidity/ alkalidity can be altered by what the woman eats, hence the 'diet for a boy' 'diet for a girl' trends.

Don't know that there's much truth or even logic in any of the gender predominance theories ...........but whatever turns you on!

Oh, and by the way if it's bald men that turn you on, don't believe as obs says that......

traditionally, bald men are associated with male offspring,

The myth that bald men, (link - high testosterone - go beat your chest in a cave somewhere, Alpha Male) are associated with male offspring has been around since time immemorial. :roll:

The truth of the matter is that men produce both X sperm and Y sperm, which actually succeeds in fertilising the ovum is down to pure chance or environment. :)

On what other Forum can you get educated the way we do?

Fascinating.

Probably be able to get more detailed/updated information on a nine year olds facebook, they seem to have extremely indepth knowledge about such matters these days!

Preferred it in my day though, when the mystery of it all was what made it exciting! :wink::lol: