Richie Mottram

Ian

Okay, I asked the question in the Town 5 Rossendale 1 topic but got no answer so I`ll raise a new topic in hope of a response.

As I understand it, Tuesday night was Richies last outing, in fact he gave his gloves to one of the lads as a momento.

So do we have a goalie for Saturday?

Could perhaps this surprise signing Gary made reference to in a previous topic be our saviour.

Would certainly have to be a good signing to match Motties performance in the time I`ve been following the club.

Anyway if we`re not to see Richie again, I`d just like to say a big thanks to him, he`ll surely be missed.

Ian

Hi everyone,

I just want to clear things up and let you know what the situation is:

Yes i do want to leave that is true, but i would never just go and leave the team in trouble, i have spoken to Joey and i am going to give it a couple of weeks to see how i feel, I will make my final decision then whether i am going to see the season out.

I hope that this answers peoples questions.

Thank you everyone

Richie

• 4 weeks later...

Motty, if this is the last time we see you playing for Town, I am sure many of the fans will join me in thanking you for your many excellent performances for our team in both of your spells with us. Many times you have saved us points, and won us games, and you will always have a fond place in the hearts of those BTG and all around the ground at The Fortress. What happened today will soon be forgotten mate. Hope to see you back down at Warrington Town soon, even if it is only as a spectator. Whatever you get up to now, don't lose touch with the best fans in the non league.

Thank you once again Motty mate

Pie

Motty, if this is the last time we see you playing for Town, I am sure many of the fans will join me in thanking you for your many excellent performances for our team in both of your spells with us. Many times you have saved us points, and won us games, and you will always have a fond place in the hearts of those BTG and all around the ground at The Fortress. What happened today will soon be forgotten mate. Hope to see you back down at Warrington Town soon, even if it is only as a spectator. Whatever you get up to now, don't lose touch with the best fans in the non league.

Pie

we got a new keeper now, motty WAS a top keeper for us but i got NO time for someone who cannot take critiscim from the mgr at half time..time to grow up me thinks...the team is in the best position in the league for 15-20 years and to walk out at half time drawing 2-2 is for a player who has no spine for the team...lets just say that if i see you motty around town in the forthcoming future i will be the first to cross to the other side of the road...no time for him sorry...in 25 years of watching non league footy i have ever known someone to leave the team in such manner.....i think the word is fickle... :x

Pie

I agree with your comments, BUT his attitude and behaviour is inexcusable (given the injury and suspension situation) and it could be said that in one foul move he wiped all the bonus points from the slate.

As an admirer of his ability, I am extremely disappointed in his thoughtless behaviour. :twisted:

Pie

I agree with your comments, BUT his attitude and behaviour is inexcusable (given the injury and suspension situation) and it could be said that in one foul move he wiped all the bonus points from the slate.

As an admirer of his ability, I am extremely disappointed in his thoughtless behaviour. :twisted:

ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON PETER T.

As last seasons Supporters Player of the Year Mottram has undone all the good times in one moment of madness.

For a player at this level to walk out at half time spitting his dummy out is inexcusable and can never be forgiven.

I can't imagine any club taking him on again.

Jimmy Mac is now the true Warrington Town legend after taking over the goal keeping duties and helping his team mates rescue a point in difficult circumstances.