John Terry

Eagle

Should John Terry continue as England captain  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should John Terry continue as England captain

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

I think this is yet another media trial.

The woman concerned allegedly was working her way through the Chelsea team.

I don't like a bloke cheating on his wife and I agree LP that the Captain of any team and at any level, should be as near as possible, a paragon of virtue. The message for the young fans is important

Sadly, in this day and age, morals are not high up on the box-ticking in any walk of life.

As for those mentioned, Rooney is too young and let him maintain his goal scoring without distractions, Gerrard is becoming injury prone, and Rio could be the same.

Even the last England manager was putting it about. :roll:

I voted yes because I can't see an alternative. Although when it was up for grabs, I thought that Gerrard would be the better of the two. His recent lack of experience in a winning side and lack of European football now goes against him. :shock::wink:

I suppose one could argue that at least we know his tackle is effective..... :roll:

I don't see how he can continue. He has no respect for the position of captain - he's well and truly disgraced it. He has no respect for his mates, his wife, his kids or himself. He has no self-control or self-discipline. He can't be trusted around his best mate's bird. How then is he supposed to stand there with a straight face and demand respect, discipline or trust from a team?

Give Beckham back the job for the World Cup. There may be younger, or even better players, but there's nobody the other teams will respect more.

I would expect Cappello to remove Terry as captain but have to ask- who would replace him if we apply the "Terry" test?

Gerrard has a blemish on his character despite being acquitted on an assault charge. Ferdinand has the stigma of missing a drugs test he was given advance notice about- Rooney- maybe a few years yet.

Also, to have Terry relinquish the captaincy under duress will serve to undermine the squad ahead of the World Cup.

Seems to be a Catch 22 situation?

LP, your opinion seems to have taken a turn for the worse as the evening has progressed.you have moved from losing your vote to slagging him off. Had a little tipple? :lol:

John Terry is guilty of adultery (perhaps it should be adulterry) but that is all, anything else is aggravated by his profile and media attention. He has cheated on his wife with a woman who was available, not a team mates' partner, they were no longer an item.

The fact that she was doing the rounds is also irrelevant, John Terry is a prat but so are people on this forum regardless of whether they are adulterers or not, I don't know or couldn't care less if any of them are.

I don't like the man or his morals, but his morals are not a requirement in winning the World Cup, do I want him as captain, damn right I do?

The alternatives do not inspire confidence. Rooney doesn't need the distraction, Rio won't be in the squad, Gerrard is a scouser and Lamps is a softarse.

Why is he being considered as England Captain - for his leadership abilities on the footy field or cos of his Tiger Woods style scoring off the field? :? The only people he has hurst and offended are his wife and family, and we should allow them the privacy to reconcile the matter in private. Unfortunately, we have a pathetic, "no life" public who goulishly read this invasive trivia - cos there not at it themselves, thus keeping the tabloids in buisiness. :roll:

Not being a fan of the big Jessie's game I couldn't care less about Terry's infidelity and the England captaincy but what I found most distasteful about the whole affair was Terry showing visitors around the Chelsea training facility for 10 grand a time. This man is on a wage of 160 grand a week so why the need to trouser any more cash ?...He's a greedy barsteward. Would anybody on here get away with showing people around their place of employment for a large wedge ? ?

Your feet wouldn't touch.

LP. Do you carry a torch for Becks?? It's not that long ago that his alleged frolicking was plastered all over the media.

One media-hungry tart said they'd had a fling. I didn't believe her. Her tale was holier than your vest, Peter!

Eagle, I do not drink in charge of children! My opinion is the same, just stated in more detail. The man can play football, so let him play, but he cannot be captain because he has shown himself to be unsuitable for the job. He's a liar and a cheat. He's a disloyal friend, an adulterous husband, a deceitful father and a man who will go to any lengths to cover his own backside instead of owning up. I don't want him as captain of our national tiddlywinks team, never mind leading us out at the World Cup. Wrong message to the world.

LP. Do you carry a torch for Becks?? It's not that long ago that his alleged frolicking was plastered all over the media.

One media-hungry tart said they'd had a fling. I didn't believe her. Her tale was holier than your vest, Peter!

I don't wear a vest. Victoria seemed to believe the story.

I don't wear a vest. Victoria seemed to believe the story.

Don't know her well enough to comment, but I didn't believe a word of it then and I still don't. Her tale was flimsier than my nighties (argue with that one! :wink: ). You will catch a chill if you don't wear a proper vest though.

What exactly does a football captain do anyway, apart from toss the coin and occasionally say "Come on lads" or something like that?

All decisions are made by the manager so a team doesn't really need a captain.

If we talking cricket it would be different. A cricket captain is responsible for field placing, bowling changes, batting order, etc., as well as tossing the coin and saying "come on lads" - but a soccer captain is superfluous to requirements.