You Tube problems ??

indy

:?: Anyone noticed or know why You Tube has got a problem at the moment on UK subscriber sites ??

The large video window on almost all uk You Tube home page accounts has gone from being a clear image taken as a still of a film to a heavily pixelated poor low res image almost unviewable ???

Its not my computer as i've accessed many home pages from various computers in the last couple of days as well as many different uk You Tube sites and the same problem exists on all of them ?? Come on Google get ur act together ....

Sample of problem

http://www.youtube.com/user/Tvpresenter4history

I am finally logged on to the internet via a very low spec laptop (that I have finally got working as I am fixing for someone at the moment ) rather than through my higher spec pc (with better video card/memory etc etc).... did you need to know that bit MAYBE :lol:

.... but just clicked on a few youtube links and to be honest the quality doesn't seem any worse on this one in full screen mode than it usually does on mine :?

Doesn't the viewing quality of clips on youtube rely on the the original recording quality and uploaded pixcelation ratio etc etc though? Maybe youtube are automatically resizing the uploads at lower resolution specs to speed up viewer and site access speeds :wink:

Sorry it's been a very long night...hence my spelling.... and lack of a more constructive comment.... :?

:D Hi dismayed, my films are uploaded to the highest quality and are still playing fine ... its the large thumnail screen that is pixelated on most uk sites at the moment ...

What do you mean by the large thumbnail screen :? I think I am misunderstanding you.... do you mean full screen mode ?

PS I was only kidding about your videos always being very pixelated I just forgot to post again after I posted to tease you :oops:

PPS there seems to be a problem viewing the text on your latest post though Indy...very strange spellings or are you in 'cool mode' today :lol::wink::lol:

:shock: Dismayed, just been to the technical dept of Youtube and they have an online statement about this;

'The thumbnail for featured videos on many channels is appearing blurry. Our team is aware of the issue and is currently working on a fix for the situation. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.'

Best Wishes

The You Tube Team .....

Good news eh as long as they sort it of course.... so it's not your eyes after all. :lol:

Other than watching your clips Indy.... I must admit we mainly use youtube to listen to music or to watch/listen to funny clips and the like so I've never really worried about the image quality of others and if quality/sound is really naff there's always an other uploaded version that is clearer.

Glad you got to the bottom of it :wink: