If you have nothing to hide..........

asperity

So you condone the lies and deceit of "our" government? Sorry, but someone got it WRONG and should be accountable.

People are still dying/getting killed because of our involvement in the Middle East. WHY should the people responsible for getting us involved get away scot free? :twisted::evil::twisted::evil:

I agree - when it happened we all speculated that he was being hushed and I still think it. Wonder when the house of cards will fall?

I believed Bush and Blair when they told us about the weapons of mass destruction - I will never trust the government again.

So you condone the lies and deceit of "our" government? Sorry, but someone got it WRONG and should be accountable.

People are still dying/getting killed because of our involvement in the Middle East. WHY should the people responsible for getting us involved get away scot free? :twisted::evil::twisted::evil:

Where did I say any of that? We weren't talking about the war or the lies of our government. We were talking about the decision not to make the details of this poor man's death public property for the conspiracy theorists to pick over. There is no way to PROVE he didn't commit suicide. You can only theorise, suspect and argue about it.

In my opinion there are two options. Suicide or murder. To take an overdose of your own pills, bungle cutting your wrist and lie down in a favourite spot to die sounds exactly like the actions of a depressed person. Whereas leaving your victim in a public place with a curable overdose and a survivable wound if someone happens across him does not seem a terribly good choice when there are lots of other options for assassination that will look accidental or natural.

If he killed himself, his family have enough to deal with. They don't need it raking over endlessly. That's reason enough to seal it.

It's not hidden. It's sealed. To prevent it being dragged all over the papers, picked over by conspiracy theorists, used as propaganda to promote extremism and recruit terrorists and possibly to respect the privacy of the family.

What happens to those who rock the boat? John Stalker exposed the shoot to kill policy in Ireland just as this bloke spoke out about WMDs. John's advertising shutters, drinks in Lymm village and his autobiography is in WHS. This is England. People do not get murdered for speaking out. Especially not AFTER they have spoken. No point then, is there? :?

This is ENGLAND????? Rather naive comment. What makes you think that people don't get eliminated? We follow the US in almost everything.

Damage limitation is an expression that gets used. They wouldn't know before hand, so it could be that it gets done before any further damage is done.

IF the murder conspiracy is true, is it ok to cover it up? :shock:

Who got silenced then? Last mysterious disappearance was Lord Lucan....

This poor man knew there wasn't proper evidence of WMDs and he said so. That's it. That's everything. He'd already said it all. So why did he need silencing? If WMDs were found, the leaders were right, and if they weren't found, then killing this man wasn't going to cover it up, because the entire British Army and the UN inspectors would know.

Beeb news says this now, so if there's anything to be found, it will be, but the vultures are still being kept away. :D

On Tuesday, Lord Hutton released a statement explaining his decision and revealing that he had written to the Ministry of Justice.

In it, he said: "At the conclusion of my inquiry into the death of Dr David Kelly, I requested that the post-mortem report relating to his death should not be disclosed for 70 years as I was concerned that the publication of that report in newspapers, books and magazines would cause his daughters and his wife further and unnecessary distress.

"Much of the material in the post-mortem report had been given in oral evidence in public at the inquiry and substantial parts of that evidence had been set out in my report.

"However, I consider that the disclosure of the report to doctors and their legal advisers for the purposes of legal proceedings would not undermine the protection which I wished to give to Dr Kelly's family, provided that conditions were imposed restricting the use and publication of the report to such proceedings, and I have written to the Ministry of Justice to this effect."

What? The bloke has said that doctors can see the report in the interests of any legal proceedings. So if the family are unhappy in any way, they can hire a lawyer and get on with it. He's explained his decision to seal the PM report was to protect the family from seeing all the gruesome details in the papers. What's fancy about it? It's exactly what you said you wanted. Explanation of decision, access for an enquiry if the family wants one.

Ruins a good conspiracy theory though.... :wink:

This is England. People do not get murdered for speaking out.

Unless of course you are a Brazilian electrician called Charles de Menenez. He wasn't unlawfully killed for speaking out, in fact he wasn't given the opportunity to say anything. Still this is England and therefore the authorities wouldn't do anything illegal would they? :?:?:?:?:? The police didn't try covering up their mistake did they? :shock::shock:

No LP, of course you're right. This is England and no-one in authority ever does anything wrong. And there are fairies at the bottom of the garden. :roll:

I didn't say there was nothing wrong about lying or that the Government were squeaky clean - I think my opinion of all politicians on that score has been posted often enough on here to avoid any confusion. :lol:

And whilst I am sorry the Brazilian chap was shot, let's be clear why he was shot. He was asked by armed police to stop so they could check the rucksack he was carrrying onto the train was not a bomb like the ones previously detonated in similar bags on similar trains. He didn't stop, he ran like hell towards the train. They had three seconds to choose between him and a trainload of people. I'd have fired too. Whatever the paper pushers did afterwards, that shooting was not orchestrated or a mistake. Sad situation, but right decision in a crisis.

Sorry LP but the police lied. They did not tell him to stop, he did not "run like hell" away from them, in your words "why would he?" Communications broke down because the police radios did not work underground and confusion reigned. The police on the spot took a decision that was fatally (for the poor Brazilian anyway! :shock: ) flawed. And after the event the police tried to cover up their mistake by telling a load of porkies! Now I have every sympathy for the very difficult job the police have, but they shouldn't have tried to whitewash their mistake. End of story! :wink: