Thank you and upcoming fixtures

Tomo

First of all thank you on behalf of all the lads for the help and support of everybody in clearing the pitch last week. I'm sure we weren't far away from playing yesterday - the lads are all itching to get back playing.

Secondly, I've been speaking to a few mates who have said they will not be coming to some games due to clashes with the Wolves games - i was wondering about the possibility of playing on friday nights. I think we did it in pre-season or early on in the season (can't remember) when the Wolves were playing on the saturday to ensure a better possibility of more fans turning up.

Just a thought to try and help with getting more people through the gates when we are competing with Warrington Wolves.

Tomo :)

Welcome to the Forum Tomo.

I believe that Gary said, it depends on both teams agreeing. I think it could well happen, as the gates were good when we tried it.

It was very close to being played. The ground in front of the canal stand was still frozen though, and the goal where we cleared the snow was very soggy. We don't want Richie getting dirty. :wink:

Could be more snow Wed/Thurs but nothing much and the forecast for Friday is good.

Welcome to the forum Tomo - good to see some input from the club captain.

Friday evenings do need the visiting team to agree and I am not actually aware of any Wolves game kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday.

They have a few televised games scheduled for 5.45pm on a Saturday, so if we are at home they coan make it a whole afternoon and early evening of live sport - they don't even need to change colours!

Those lads who say they can't come because of the clash need a little more persuasion!

While the Friday experiments will be repeated I think we are going to have quite a few midweek games coming up for the rest of the season and you may benefit from the extra day to recover - especially the more senior members of the squad! :wink::lol:

Just thought I would put out a suggestion, just popped into my head and thought i would share.

Understand the complications that a friday might bring - just don't know whether people will want the rush from our game to the Wolves and i think the Castleford game is away so they wont be able to go for both.

Just thinking of ways to help the club - as every good captain should!!!!!!

Just thought I would put out a suggestion, just popped into my head and thought i would share.

Understand the complications that a friday might bring - just don't know whether people will want the rush from our game to the Wolves and i think the Castleford game is away so they wont be able to go for both.

Just thinking of ways to help the club - as every good captain should!!!!!!

Keep the ideas coming - and we will certainly look into it.

Now lets make sure England beat Wales on Saturday - Town v Colwyn Bay!