Reading between the lines

asperity

After tonights result for Reading, is the Poo's season finished? :shock::shock:

Don't think it ever started!

RAFA PLEASE GO!!!

Your players do not want to play for you - sail your Armada back to Spain and lets have English as the first language back at Anfield!

While I am gutted to see my team fail yet again half of me is pleased they lost because hopefully it is another nail in Rafa's coffin.

If a director (owners son) can get the boot for sending an abusive email the manager should be sent packing for totally unacceptable results.

Can someone please find the ?20m pay off package - I tell you what sell Aquilani - whoever thought he was worth ?20m should be shot!

Total waste of space!

Most sport is cyclical and isn't it a good thing that the *lesser*clubs get a chance to win honours ? Liverpool are on the slide and Man U can't be far behind with all the debts they have incurred. Being a non-football fan even I can see the likes of an emerging Tottenham Aston Villa and Birmingham taking the place of both clubs in the upper echelons of the premier league. If it became season after season with the same four clubs winning everything the game would die a slow death. The American involvement in the Liverpool and Manchester clubs has been nothing short of a disaster. Between them both clubs are close on a billion pounds in debt or *leverage* to use the modern buzz word.

If it became season after season with the same four clubs winning everything the game would die a slow death.

Not noticeably. Given that since 1992 only four clubs have ever won the Premiership - Chelsea twice, Arsenal three times, Blackburn once and United all the rest, there still seems to be a fair bit of interest in the league..... :wink:

Latest in a long line of football manager scapegoats, eh? Those poor, underpaid, demoralised boys turning up out of loyalty to the fans just can't get the ball in the net because Rafa wears such chavvy anoraks to the game.... far be it from me to suggest that they should earn their money, act like professionals and play harder.

Interesting statistic from figures released by the Government today. The average family in the UK spends more on peanut butter than they do on sport which gives no creedence to the opinion that sport is big business.

What's included? I don't believe that the average family spends more on peanut butter than on sky/cable sports channels plus newspapers plus branded clothing, sports-related merchandise and toys. All of which make money for clubs and stars......

I would believe the average family spends more on PB in a week than on tickets to events or admission to local sports centres. PB is excellent stuff, you know.

Do you have a link to the figures you mention?