Arctic warming

asperity

All good points Baz

But are any of the 16 species benefiting from man, the tree frog for instance needs trees, Although Borneo has lots of trees they are very good at chopping them down. how long has that tree frog got left.

Haven't a clue.... how long do polar bears have left? how long does the planet have left? There may be a big asteroid heading this way right now and Bruce Willis will be able to do jack about it as interfering will probably breach some human right of the asteroid act somewhere!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your point does not seem to have got you any where, Have any of the new species benefited from man :?:

don't know.... and neither do the experts. Which makes all the science a bit hit and miss wouldn't you say?

Those 52 new species in Borneo are brand new then? or were they already there, but not discovered until now. ? :?:?:?

good question, but remember the coelacanth which many "experts" thought had been extinct since the days of the dinosaur.... until some fisherman popped one into his boat near South Africa in the 1930's... who knows for sure?

So your ship does not produce any green house gas Asp, How many miles do you get per mile
Another unintelligible question LtKije :roll::roll:

Your information regarding ships being worse than planes for pollution is, as usual for you, completely wrong. Per tonne of cargo carried , against units of energy consumed, shipping is and always will remain the most efficient form of transport ever devised. :wink::wink:

The exhaust gases produced by my ship are from producing the power to allow the ship to do its job of carrying cargo from A to B, the fact that I'm on board the ship at the time does not make me a consumer of that energy any more than anybody who benefits from the carriage of the cargo. Stick that in your sanctimonious pipe :twisted::twisted::twisted:

So you do not benefit at all, No heat No light, :wink:

Yes ships are good if you do the sum on per tonne carried, but most ships run of diecel which makes them very dirty.

Asp although a like are little spats, you always seem to be redused to name calling, have you nothing else are you that limited :?:

So you do not benefit at all, No heat No light, :wink:

Yes ships are good if you do the sum on per tonne carried, but most ships run of diecel which makes them very dirty.

Asp although a like are little spats, you always seem to be redused to name calling, have you nothing else are you that limited :?:

I only "benefit" from heat and light in the same way as someone working in an office or factory ashore could be said to "benefit".

What other way is there of calculating the efficiency of a mode of transport than by using the amount of energy consumed per tonne.mile of cargo carried? Another inane observation :roll::roll:

Actually most large ships run on residual fuel. The ship I'm on at present runs on diesel (not diecel) which is not "dirty" as you are implying, it's the same as road transport uses. Ships have to have engines which are clean running and are certified as such. It is illegal to use dirty fuel and also illegal to produce dirty exhaust

fumes.

I'm not calling you names LtKije, just describing how you come accross in your posts - sanctimonious :wink::wink::shock:

So in your opinion then, would you say Man is benefiting most of the other species on this Planet or hindering them :?:

Don't care to be honest...... survival of the fittest and all that. If plants and animals can co-exist with humans then great, otherwise......

Asp how do you think you come across, and it is name calling :wink: There should not be a need for anyone with any kind of brain capacity to do it:wink:

Diesel is a dirty fuel, and what do you mean by a clean running engine :?::wink:

Is it an engine that does not leak oil or fuel into the sea :?:

Is it an engine that does not leak oil or fuel into the sea :?:

We do not allow anything to be discharged into the sea that could be construed as polluting. This even includes sewage. The penalties for pollution these days are horrendous and include prison for the Master. Sort of concentrates the mind. :shock::shock::shock:

Perhaps there?d be a bit less name calling if your posts had any substance to them. From where I?m sitting it seems that you?re doing little more than throw bait down.

I?d be interested to hear your alternative green proposals for replacing the shipping industry just as long as you don?t tell me I?ve got to give up eating bananas.

Bill :)

Bill

I am fully aware that there will always be a need for shipping, It would be better though if we did eat a bit more local, How about actually paying the true cost of the product, in other words take all the subsidy out of the transport system, You will still get to eat your banana, People then might start buying British again if they have to pay the true cost of what they are buying. :wink:

And we would see a great revival of the Cheshire banana plantations I suppose.

This country was built on trade, it's how we make our way in the world. LtKije you are singing from the same songsheet as Obs. We should all grow our own food, work in the same village that we live in, that sort of tommyrot.

Shipping is clean and economic, and is becoming cleaner by the year with new technology being built into every new ship thats built. Your mind is set in the 1930's with coal fired ships spewing black smoke everywhere and throwing the clinkers over the side. Time to move into the 21st century old boy (oops sorry, am I calling you "names" again :lol::lol::lol::lol: )

not at all asperity

Lets use the banana as an example

If we were to pay the true cost, that is give the farmer his true cost, and pay the true cost of the transport, the banana would be more expensive, the person at the supermarket might consider buying a English apple instead, as the English apple can now compete on price,

We might still have a car industry if people were paying the true cost of an imported car, because cars made over here could compete on cost.

I have crossed swords with Obs on here on many occasions, but from time to time he comes out with some good ideas.

Another point if we paid the true cost of imported items, it just might cut down on economic immigration as the farmer would be receiving a liveable wage.