The biggest problem in Britain

trojan

What do you think is the biggest problem in Britain that the next government should prioritise?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the biggest problem in Britain that the next government should prioritise?

• The War in Afghanistan
    • Economy/Jobs
    • Health care
    • Poverty/Homelessness
    • The National Debt
    • Crime / Antisocial Behaviour
    • Other

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the list, there is one that affects ALL the others, yet is not seen by posters as important.

That is the National Debt. Unless attempts are made to drastically reduce that, there will be no money for the rest.

Surely the government should just take the ?40 billion that the bankers are about to give out in bonuses and take it off the national debt?

I don't know of anybody who is wringing their hands over the national debt ? What's the rush in paying it off ? It's only in the last few years that the debt owed to the Yanks from WW2 was finally paid off. You don't beggar yourselves to pay off mortgages early do you ? Despite Lord Snooty and his Eton chums banging on about the incompetence of this government we are in a far more healthy position than most countries. The debt is comfortable and manageable. Cameron would want you to believe otherwise but he scaremongers for political purposes and you lot fall for it.

Think you'll find Kyje, that they choose to live in ghettos (for initially understandable reasons); but this is then compounded by the liberal host culture permitting seperate development in the name of diversity, rather than insisting on assimilation. :roll:

So, logically, we are now ALL required to be Church of England in the name of standardisation? We must all stop eating Indian and Chinese takeaways, all Thai restaurants are about to be banned, pasta removed from sale in shops and uniforms will be issued to everyone? Chairman Obs will be publishing his little red book shortly and we can look forward to a golden future? Pardon me for pointing out that way doesn't end too well! :twisted:

Well we can rely on empty heads like LP to deliberately misrepresent posts: assimilation is the adding of new cultural flavour to the existing pot - to produce an homogenised whole; rather than seperate development by distinct groups; assimilation has occured throughout history. :roll: As for faiths and the archaic rituals and garbs that go with it, that's a private matter; that a secular society has no buisiness accomodating. :roll:

Well we can rely on empty heads like LP to deliberately misrepresent posts: assimilation is the adding of new cultural flavour to the existing pot - to produce an homogenised whole; rather than seperate development by distinct groups; assimilation has occured throughout history. :roll: As for faiths and the archaic rituals and garbs that go with it, that's a private matter; that a secular society has no buisiness accomodating. :roll:

I wasn't misrepresenting you. I was taking the p*ss out of your xenophobic, racist rubbish. Your opinions of minorities have been posted ad nauseam here and we all know exactly what you mean by stamping out diversity and forcing people to assimilate. We all know it doesn't involve you taking on board one iota of anyone else's culture.

The only thing missing from my head is your brand of prejudice - and believe me, I don't consider that a lack. Diversity is a joyous thing that enriches everyone and if the world wasn't full of people like you who cack your pants at the very idea and spoil it for everyone else, we could all get on with celebrating our differences!

Typical toga wearing liberal cack - which puts you in the dreamers camp with Kyje. I've no problem buying a curry, so long as I can order it in English! :wink:

Oh no, not the toga insult! I don't even understand the relevance of togas.... I just know it's what you start throwing around when you've dug another big hole with your big gob!

I'm sure your local curry house let you order in English. I'm also pretty sure they spit in your masala.... :shock:

Guess I'll stop eating out, now you've aquainted us with the intricate details of immigrant food preparation! :wink:

Don't worry, Obs - I was born right here and after listening to your opinions, I'd spit in your curry too. It's not an ethnic thing, just a normal human reaction to your kind of muck-spreading.

The ultimate irony, of course is that you expect everyone to display enough liberal, toga-wearing tolerance to allow you free rein with your brand of racism..... because we all know your idea of assimilation is that we should have processing stations at all airports and ferry terminals, where anyone not born here but who has managed to winkle their way in gets issued with a copy of Delia Smith's cookbook, redressed in M&S clothing and renamed Smith, Brown or Evans! :roll:

You almost touched on a sensible immigration policy there LP, obviously by accident! The fact you accuse me (incorrectly) of "racism" (the usual liberal shout down), is a good indicator of your level of understanding the world. :wink:

You understand so little that you can't see why your brand of bedrock "them and us" racism is the reason we have the problems we do. Decades of your kind of intolerant, stupid, refusal to just let people be themselves has created a situation where minorities feel unwelcome and keep to themselves. Then you criticise them for not integrating!

As humanity is divided into three main racial groupings, with sub-groupings: could you please specify which race I've offended. Then while your at it, explain why, opposition to an open door immigration policy is xenophobic; I've no problem with foreigners visiting this country as tourists, as students or as required skilled workers on a limited visa: and I have no problem (in fact I enjoy) visiting their cultures on holiday - so where's the xenophobia? :roll:

As humanity is divided into three main racial groupings, with sub-groupings: could you please specify which race I've offended. Then while your at it, explain why, opposition to an open door immigration policy is xenophobic; I've no problem with foreigners visiting this country as tourists, as students or as required skilled workers on a limited visa: and I have no problem (in fact I enjoy) visiting their cultures on holiday - so where's the xenophobia? :roll:

Errrm, could it possibly be the part where you say anyone living over the water is a devious lying sponger determined to get here in order to defraud the benefits system, bung up the NHS and generally live parasitically off you personally?

Are you under the impression that racism starts and ends with membership of the KKK or something? :?

From this thread alone: We have you stating that all religions are archaic and no society should acommodate them. We have you declaring that all Muslim folk reject assimilation and intend to supplant "our" culture with "theirs". We have you on the subject of ethnic or religious minorities in general, telling us that "they" choose to live in ghettos and "we" as hosts and owners of this society should not permit diversity to exist.

You are right, though. I am out of my depth. I have no idea how one human being can be so intolerant of everyone else, or so dismissive of the things other people value. If you don't like the word racist or xenophobe, you pick another name for it. It'll still be nasty to read.

I said "all" religions - so no descrimination there, and I stand by my assertion that they are archaic. I didn't say "all" Muslims, but some - and we had one on TV News tonight, aspiring to an Islamic UK. I said they choose to live in ghettos (for understandable reasons) - those reasons being, that they naturally search out their own kind, as indeed ex-pats do in Spain. Diversity is merely another term for seperate development or segregation: I merely advocate assimilation and integration - which is ultimately socially sustainable and cohesive. Any more flights of fancy? :roll:

I said "all" religions - so no descrimination there, and I stand by my assertion that they are archaic. I didn't say "all" Muslims, but some - and we had one on TV News tonight, aspiring to an Islamic UK. I said they choose to live in ghettos (for understandable reasons) - those reasons being, that they naturally search out their own kind, as indeed ex-pats do in Spain. Diversity is merely another term for seperate development or segregation: I merely advocate assimilation and integration - which is ultimately socially sustainable and cohesive. Any more flights of fancy? :roll:

Your head is so deep in the sand that all you can hear is the dim echo of your own voice. Your generation made all immigrants so unwelcome that they couldn't assimilate and formed their own communities instead. Your generation is responsible for the mistrust and fear that will take forever to overcome. Your generation still provides a broad base of tolerance for remarks like "I don't mind buying a curry, as long I can order it in English".

Only you could suggest that banning all religions is a measure of equal tolerance for all. And omitting the word "all" from your statement that "muslim folk don't want assimilation" does not in any way alter its intended blanket coverage. Stop wriggling and stand by your views - why are you diluting and denying them if there's nothing wrong with them?