Schools closed - LOL

disgusted

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's a 'pikel' ?

I have not learnt anything new today so that will have to do :lol:

I assumed he meant pikes and had made an error. Maybe he meant Pikelets, those small crumpetty things. Perhaps he thinks we toast them and throw them at commoners. People believe all kinds of crap about Lymm residents..... Or pickles, perhaps - I mean you could repel some serous invaders with a well placed silverskin or two, couldn't you?! Pikel'ner, is I believe, a crater on the Moon or some such spacey thing, but that would hardly fit the context..... :?

I'm even more intrigued now. Wasn't going to google it as I wanted Peter to tell me (as it would make him feel clever :lol: ) but I had a very quick look.........

..... and there is a pub in chester called the 'Rake and Pikel'. Nothing obvious popped up on the google search though to say what a Pikel actually is or was. Might look again later if I remember :wink:

I'm even more intrigued now. Wasn't going to google it as I wanted Peter to tell me (as it would make him feel clever :lol: ) but I had a very quick look.........

..... and there is a pub in chester called the 'Rake and Pikel'. Nothing obvious popped up on the google search though to say what a Pikel actually is or was. Might look again later if I remember :wink:

Had a quick google and I can only find it as an old english form of pickle, meaning a spicy sauce or gravy. Wonder if he thinks I might chuck that at passing 4x4s? :?

I'm not sure that it is in 'his' fevered mind as you were the one who mentioned throwing pickles in spicy sauce or gravy at passing 4x4's... so something at the back of your mind must have stirred :wink:

If it's something that you really need to get out of your system then I am happy to oblige as long as you take them out of the jar first :shock:

I'm not sure that it is in 'his' fevered mind as you were the one who mentioned throwing pickles in spicy sauce or gravy at passing 4x4's... so something at the back of your mind must have stirred :wink:

If it's something that you really need to get out of your system then I am happy to oblige as long as you take them out of the jar first :shock:

Nope, never felt the urge, Dis. Pete said he thought we used them to drive away incomers - that's the only way I can think of using them to do it. Delivering them threatening jars of piccalilli or something wouldn't get us very far..... and coming from the woman who coats them in chocolate to upset little children..... well, nuff said! :twisted:

It wouldn't dawn on you LP, that my expereince is of others who have found themselves in such predicaments - but I won't spoil your illusions. :roll: Fats, try thinking about it - if it's not too much of a strain. :roll:

What? Anybody remember what he's on about? :? Anyway, Obs, if your experiences are those of other people, then they're not yours at all, they are just stories you've heard..... :roll:

What's a 'pikel' ?

I have not learnt anything new today so that will have to do :lol:

God you two don't half ramble.

A pikel is......... a two pronged pitchfork.

We were rambling on a bit last night eh... better than us being bored and fidgety though :lol:

Anyway if you had answered the question sooner......... :wink:

No dummo, some of us have had to rescue folk from such predictaments - get it now?! :roll:

Name calling at that level demeans both of us. You owe me an apology for that one.

Your claims to the exploits of Zorro are as yet unproven. Even if they are all true and you are a hero in ruined Mexican villages, that still doesn't make you more qualified than I am to comment on the effects of incomers to the place where I've lived for more than four decades.

You getting it yet?

It wouldn't dawn on you LP, that my expereince is of others who have found themselves in such predicaments - but I won't spoil your illusions. :roll: Fats, try thinking about it - if it's not too much of a strain. :roll:
No, just give us some of these 'host' of reasons. I can't think of any, so I need some help here.

You're usually only too quick to offer an opinion on everything. I can certainly think of reasons why you won't fill in the blanks in your argument, and I imagine therefore we'll never get the benefit of your wisdom.

You've lived in Lymm for more than 4 decades LP? Wow that makes you..... let me see..............39!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am 24. I have packed a lot in. I was a child bride both times and had my babies whilst little more than a baby myself. Say otherwise and I will hunt you down. Anywhere on the planet, land or sea. Some things you don't mess with, Asp!! :lol::lol::lol: