Schools closed - LOL

disgusted

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually there has been 4-6 inches of snow in South Warrington.

Had to help my neighbour push his car back on his drive this morning as he couldn't get out of our close due to the thick snow.

He had no choice put to close the school where he is a head teacher because staff couldn't get in!

Pictures and updates at

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/7045/1/Town-blanketed-by-snow/Page1.html

Email us your snow pictures! :D

Really? That's incredible, you actually made me go and measure it as I thought I was bonkers, but up in this part of town, it's barely two inches.

there is no way anyone not living up in the hills is snowed in, they simply can't be arsed going out in the snow.

Really? That's incredible, you actually made me go and measure it as I thought I was bonkers, but up in this part of town, it's barely two inches.

there is no way anyone not living up in the hills is snowed in, they simply can't be arsed going out in the snow.

If your car can't move and you work in another town - there is no way you can get out to work. :roll:

I am pleased to say that two members of our team walked into work this morning from Old Hall - dedication!

Only me from the South has made it in though! Good job got a 4x4! :wink:

The snow here is thawing, but there's still a good 4 inch layer across my garden and at 3am, it was absolutely blizzard conditions, visibility zero. I watched it for ages. My lot have all gone to school, on the basis that it has stopped and is thawing, and they can walk it - but I won't be driving unless it's emergency stuff and I certainly wouldn't have put them on a bus today. I spent 5 hours at the hospital last night with a friend who'd cut his hand badly. The place was chock full of people who'd fallen, and the waiting time was up to nine hours at one stage. If you can stay home and not add to the statistics, it seems sensible to me. Course, as I was in the back garden flinging snowballs at my offspring at 8am, I may not be the best judge of sensible things! :lol:

If your car can't move and you work in another town - there is no way you can get out to work. :roll:

I am pleased to say that two members of our team walked into work this morning from Old Hall - dedication!

Only me from the South has made it in though! Good job got a 4x4! :wink:

Totally agree Gary, like I say if you live up in the hills fair enough.

People using this amount of snow to take a day off work though, don't make me laugh.

I'm off... :D my other half is off after spending over two hours to get to Birchwood only to come home ring in and find they were closing the offices anyway :lol: ... and kids secondary school is closed :D

So laugh as you might we are not skiving.. it was thrust upon us :lol:

Snowing fairly hard again here. Very low temperatures forecast, so the real question is not whether you can get to work, but how much worse the weather would need to be before you couldn't get back again tonight. Right now, the answer is "not a lot". Looking around me the majority of neighbours have not moved their cars today.

Better safe than sorry, I say. It's the people who don't respect conditions enough who get into trouble and then others have to take risks to rescue them.

It's certainly a lot deeper now.

I have revised some of my earlier comments though. Went out to the gym earlier, to get their just as they shut down, but anyway.

What I will say is that some people certainly shouldn't be driving today, no headlights, driving at 5-10mph, they are just accidents waiting to happen.

7 inches and getting deeper here in the Highlands of Appleton.

My sons (13 & 19) are loving it in the snow. I walked down to the office in Stockton Heath earlier today, well wrappd up in my heavy duty winter walking gear, it was actually quite an enjoyable walk.

Mrs K has put her time to good use finishing of her dissertation.

Just you all take care of yourselves, and remember it is better to be safe than sorry.

PS Remember to keep an eye on any elderly or disabled neighbours that you might have.