Freedom of Speech?

observer

Slow day LP????

Pot/kettle. Kettle/pot. :P:wink:

:? No, just talking to Obs. Rattled that off in a couple of minutes. And in what way does pot/kettle apply? I don't have an equally rabid opposing view to balance his...... I just try to get across to him that sticking stereotypical labels on everyone at once doesn't really make sense. I don't really believe I can save him! :lol:

So where have I said: that every assylum seeker "is a liar"; every immigrant "is a sponger", or every religious group "lunatics" - and even had I done so, what's racist in it. You clearly faltering LP, suggest you swim back to the shallow end. :wink:

Do you not read your own posts? Is that the problem? Instead of shouting at me, have a look at your back catalogue, because I'll tell you now, if you're not really a rude, racist, xenophobic hater of all but the whitest British, then you REALLY need to adjust your writing style, because that's how you're coming across to the rest of us.

Well for the benefit of Fats and LP, I suggest they read through the Immigration Topic from start to finish: think I've covered the various categories of immigrant, the manner in which the current system is either inadequate, inadequately policed or abused etc. EG: the international convention on assylum (the Dublin Convention) clearly states that assylum should be sought in the "next nearest" country to their country of origin; the literal operation of this convention by the UK would mean we would be assylum seeker free, unless the French or Irish needed it. The reality is of course, that the majority of assylum claims are a bogus after thought, used after a visa over-stay or when apprehended as an illegal entrant, and the applicants are nothing more than economic migrants. But don't let reality get in the way of sentiment. :twisted: