Warrington Town v Leigh

Gary

The pitch has improved considerably over the last 48 hours and as long as there is no big freeze tonight there is a good chance tomorrow's New Year's Day derby with Leigh could be on.

The lads were training last night and are hungry for a game!

UPDATE - THERE WAS A BIG FREEZE! :cry:

• 3 weeks later...
Game postponed due to frozen pitch :(

Hopefully the game will now be on next Tuesday and Town can do the same as the Wolves did to the Centurions! :wink:

As long as it is actually Genesis that you're playing and not the Centurions (yes, I did read your match report Gary :lol:)

Lets hope the crowd is as big as the number of people of have viewed this topic! :shock:

Pretty even game tonight i thought, few chances for either side.

Some days they would have come to goals others like tonight they didnt, clean sheet is a bonus though!

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s195/st153450.htm

looks like hard times ahead for 'The massive Leigh Genesis'

We're getting quite used to it, to be honest.

We'll never die.

Best I can say is that at least you stopped using the drum so much in the second half. Disgusted with the language at times though, the 'W' word was uttered far too often for my liking.

The 'W' word being W*gan, of course

From what I could hear the six Leigh supporters used the W word more than anyone! :oops:

For a club which averages 200-300 at home games the away following was very poor. Must have only been a dozen from leigh including club officials.

While we only average 150-200 at home we normally take 40-50 to most away games.

Give over Gary, there were eight of us behind the goal in the second half for a start and I know of at least a dozen who were stood near the dug outs as well - our average is nearer to 180 this year by the way. I'd be more concerned by the fact that take away our support and you'd be lucky if there were 85 Warringtonians there (and that's being generous). Wasn't much sign of your 40-50 at Victory Park in the league or the LSV in the League Cup either.

Let's be honest, I don't think either of our clubs are exactly in a position to boast about our support, it's like two bald men arguing over a comb.

Gary - Some of the Bridgewater lads had Rugby Training, which I think is now going to a Tuesday night theme for some of them, I know not all play rugby but the majority who do watch Town are keen Rugby players of the younger lads that come.

Agree Matt nothing special to boast about but we can both say that on certain fixtures this season our attendances have been higher then what was there last night.

Although i was expecting a few more from your lot though behind the goal.

Give over Gary, there were eight of us behind the goal in the second half for a start and I know of at least a dozen who were stood near the dug outs as well - our average is nearer to 180 this year by the way. I'd be more concerned by the fact that take away our support and you'd be lucky if there were 85 Warringtonians there (and that's being generous). Wasn't much sign of your 40-50 at Victory Park in the league or the LSV in the League Cup either.

Let's be honest, I don't think either of our clubs are exactly in a position to boast about our support, it's like two bald men arguing over a comb.

I think everyone involved with or who support Leigh are either backward or inbred, a few people i was talking too at the match who support Leigh definately gave me this impression :?

Karl your spot on with that comment!

Especially the two 'inbred p**sheads' that were constantly wanting to start trouble with namely 17/18 year old lads who watch Town and have a bit of Fun Banter.

Disgraceful and shameful on their own Club, but having said that it adds a little extra to the games :)

Up the Town and Barmy Army!!

I think everyone involved with or who support Leigh are either backward or inbred, a few people i was talking too at the match who support Leigh definately gave me this impression :?

When one is tossing around insults it is best to keep one's own measure of backwardness hidden.