The Human Rights act strikes again!!

Bazj

An Iraqi asylum seeker who killed a 12-year-old girl in a hit and run accident in 2003 has amazingly won the right to remain in Britain. He ran away from the scene after he ran over the girl and then faced deportation but successfully invoked human rights legislation granting him the right to a "family life" in the UK.

He was jailed for four months by Blackburn magistrates for driving while disqualified and failing to stop after the accident. He also flouted his driving ban in 2006 when he was caught driving while disqualified and with no insurance.

He is an Iraqui Kurd and said it was too dangerous to go home and won his appeal using the "Criminals Charter"

I really hope these Human Rights lawyers and its advocators have a few sleepless nights and maybe the death of an innocent girl on their conscience..... although I doubt it.

Bloody amazing.... Happy Christmas Everyone

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who does not regard himself as subject to the laws of his chosen country, really should not be permitted to invoke them as protection when it suits him.

There should be a clear "three strike rule" on this issue. He was banned once for an offence, then caught driving during that ban (and therefore driving without insurance), then banned again for some offence, but drove again, had an accident and left the scene. That's really enough in my book to fail his citizenship test and be politely asked to leave.

Alas, I fear that unless something is done about matters such as this one, where he clearly should be chucked out of our country, then citizens will take matters in to their own hands, in some cases in the form of a lynch mob.

Personally, I think that any non British person convicted of a prisonable offence, should automatically be deported. We have enough of our own criminals without "imports" being here as well. My guess is it won't happen though.

Errm, these folk come over here with the intent to stay; the usual tack being an appeal for assylum. It would be quite simple to require ALL such assylum applications to be made in a British Embassy in their Country of origin or an adjacent country to their country of origin - and treat any immigrant entering this country without a visa as an illegal entrant subject to immediate deportation - before the HR lawyers can get within 5 yards of them. :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

Well the latest one bequeathed us by an HR court decision, is the rise in sham marriages between E/Europeans (who have a right to reside here) and non-EU citizens. So we can have a Lithuanian girl, who can hardly speak a word of English, being paid to marry an Afghani, who can't speak English, in order to exercise their "human right" to marry each other - not a lot of pillow talk there - but perhaps lots of laughter at our expense. :twisted:

No, Obs, the UK is viewed as an extremely desirable place to live by those who want to get here. When they do, they count themselves lucky and appreciate it. Personally, I think there's a case for deporting all the moaning indigenous citizens who constantly roll their eyes and carp about the place..... so dear heart, if this place is so bad, where would you rather be?

Like a life boat is a desirable place for someone with only a lifebelt; but what you bleeding heart liberals can't grasp, is that the lifeboat is full and rations are finite. :roll:

Bleeding heart liberal? Me? Hardly. I was planning to chuck you and your fellow OAPs overboard in favour of someone who doesn't complain every two minutes! :twisted: