Health and Safety in Warrington.

Peter T

What both of them! :lol:

I see the council also told you their windmill had been stopped for health and safety reasons.

?It might spin out of control? and ????? You could have some fun finishing that one off!

Bill :)

The wind turbine is nothing to do witht he council. It is owned and operated by the North West development Agency.

Well most of the ice has gone now - when I asked the council about the gritting around town they told me they were working to full capacity!

What IS their full capacity :? Infact just out of interest....

How many grit wagons do they have?

How many staff do they employ for gritting purposes?

How much Grit do they store ?

Is there an online map showing the primary gritting routes ?

Why do some known and reported danger spots never get added to the primary routes ?

How many Grit bins are there in Warrington and where are they situated ?

Do they have a contingency plan for when it's really bad and they can't cope themselves ie for taking on temporary grit spreaders etc etc.

I'll stop for a bit now :?:lol:

ps Did you manage to speak to someone directly within the ellusive council department (in this case Highways) who are responsible or did you only manage to speak to the call centre staff who log your call and politely fob you off :roll:

Bit harsh on them I know as they are only doing what they are told to do but it's has just occurred to me that every time I have phoned the council in the last few month for a range of issues I have been put through to their call centre by the switchboard.

Where necessary the call centre staff have sometimes 'pressed a button' and asked a question to the higher authorities on my behalf... and then fobbed me off again!?

At one time you used to be able to speak directly to a person within a specific department if need be who was more knowleagable and had authority to make certain decisions or act on the information and it was a lot easier :?

At one time you used to be able to speak directly to a person within a specific department if need be who was more knowleagable and had authority to make certain decisions or act on the information and it was a lot easier :?

It is easier. FOR THEM. They now don't have to answer difficult questions. :twisted: