Community Shield (Charity Shield) Prediction

JayC

Originally posted by Gary:

A boring draw

I take it you don't want either side to win, just because the poo aren't playing.

By the way, the poo are playing in the Rotterdam Tournament against Shanghai Shenhua tonight. It says a Liverpool XI. Perhaps it's their reserves.

Originally posted by Peter:

A boring draw

I take it you don't want either side to win, just because the poo aren't playing.

By the way, the poo are playing in the Rotterdam Tournament against Shanghai Shenhua tonight. It says a Liverpool XI. Perhaps it's their reserves.

Pete looks like Gary was right one all and only settled by penalties, plus Pool won 2 nil. :D

The BBC report that

The drama of the penalty shoot-out did nothing to hide what was a largely uneventful game
oops who said it is going to be a 2 horse race hey, ney such thing if todays performance is anything to go by and let's nit forget the quality of Stevie G's goal in Rotterdam :wink:

[ 05.08.2007, 19:02: Message edited by: Geoff Settle ]

The BBC report that " Since we lost all chance of showing anything that remotely resembles live football because all our licence fees are spent on reality rubbish all our spokespersons are instructed to talk down any matches that do not appear live on our Channel" (All)

It was a reasonable game to watch and suggests that United seem better equipped to finish above Chelsea, the latter's current injury problems suggest that they may be playing catch up.

Unfortunately as Peter says, the ref was poor; I think that was what he meant.

G'man, remind me what was United failure? The Shield in in the Cabinet.

[ 06.08.2007, 08:40: Message edited by: Peter ]

Err - Peter you are becoming as blinkered as most Man U fans.

This thread was about the Community Shield - not Liverpool's pre-season match, which apparently ended in a draw with a bit of a punch from Stevie G due to his frustrations on the pitch.

Yellow carded and hopefully end of the matter.

As far as I am aware Liverpool have remained unbeaten in all their pre-season friendlies and if you wish to start a topic on Liverpool Fc I will comment further!

Now how is your myopia :crazy:

[ 06.08.2007, 10:47: Message edited by: Gary ]

Err - Peter you are becoming as blinkered as most Man U fans.

NO. Just concerned about your biased thinking.

As far as I am aware Liverpool have remained unbeaten in all their pre-season friendlies and if you wish to start a topic on Liverpool Fc I will comment further!

I don't think that is accurate.

Now how is your myopia :crazy:

As we seem to have gone on a wander from the theme of this thread did anyone notice City managed to score nil again. :bounce: can anybody think up any terrace songs for our new players,

Rolando Bianchi (?8.8million)

Valeri Bojinov (undisc.)*

Vedran Corluka (undisc.)

Elano (?8million)

Gelson Fernandes (undisc.)

Javi Garrido (?1.5million)

Geovanni (free)

Martin Petrov (?4.7million)*

• 4 weeks later...