Stephen Smith, 21, caught peeing on the Towns War Memorial

Bazj

This low life scum deserves to have his photo displayed in a very prominent position in the town centre so all can see what scum he is. If he is working he should be sacked and if he is on benefits they should be stopped. If his family live in a council house they should be evicted for bringing up such a useless waste of breatheable fresh air. Anyone who knows this scumbag should give him a good hard slap everytime they see him

And what did the out of touch useless courts give him as a "punishment"? he was given a 250-hour community order and will be electronically tagged for four weeks.

This is a prime example of what is so wrong with the youth in this country; no respect for anyone or anything and we wonder why the town is seen in such a bad light and why the return of corporal punishment in schools is so badly needed?

I really do despair

So the punishment handed out for this utterly disgraceful insult is that he has to stay in for a few weeks watching telly.

I used to get that sort of thing when I was a kid just for being slightly rude to my parents and a smack on the backside for good measure!

I don?t know which makes me the angrier, the idiot or the idiot that issued the sentence.

Bill :)

removing the people cures the problem. Simples!!

Community service is an absolute joke; half the time the crims don't even turn up so what is the point in that? If community service were to be applied with a bit of punishment; such as having to wear bright orange suits with "Offender on community service" plastered across the back, then fine Trouble is, it wouldn't happen because no doubt that would breach some human right or other

Obs, no mainstream political party will tinker with the HR act or scrap it. Labour certainly won't because their former glorious leaders wife makes too many millions out of it. Dave won't, although if he does he will get my vote :lol:

The lib dems probably want to increase the rights of criminals to be able to not bother serving their semntences at all or make their victims pay compensation for turning them into criminals or something....

Kevofaz..... the first bit of your post does suprise me.....sadly the second does not

I'd just like to say that the team of 'community payback' type workers who do St Thomas' Church Yard every week keep it absolutely spotless and they are always very polite. They have also spent a lot of time carefully repositioning all the grave stones which the council had daubed with bright yellow 'safety warning' signs.

I'd just like to say that the team of 'community payback' type workers who do St Thomas' Church Yard every week keep it absolutely spotless and they are always very polite. They have also spent a lot of time carefully repositioning all the grave stones which the council had daubed with bright yellow 'safety warning' signs.

If that is the case Dis, then I can only applaud them and hope they carry on trying to be positive members of society in the future. Unfortunately not all may be so conscientious and there should be no second chance at community service. Do it once; ok I can live with that, do it twice and you get double the prison sentence you would normally have got for not learning your lesson at the first chance.

Maybe that should be the norm? Past convictions should be taken into account so that the judge or jury can see if the accused actually takes on board what he has done in the past. Just keep doubling the sentences until life means life. A sort of 3 strikes and you are out kind of way. Too many these days get off with light sentences so this could be agentle way of showing the criminals that enough is enough (seeing as I can't get the death penalty out of any of these lilly livered politician types)