Pre-Budget Report?

observer

Hit or a Miss? No real pain for the Plebs, unless your a public sector worker, and even a rise in some benefits (to be clawed back the following year AFTER the Election!). A tax rise for all via increased NI contributions, but threats against greedy bankers, just to ease our minds. After all, "we're all in this together"! :wink:

I was hoping to benefit from the old boiler scrappage scheme :wink::) .......Alas not, mine is not inefficient enough to qualify. No doubt that boiler companies will do what car manufacturers did and raise prices to exploit this scheme. Interestingly I'm told that modern condensing boilers are not that reliable, nor do they have a particularly long lifespan.

Pre Budget Report, all a non event really as the current Chancellor won't be presenting a Budget ever again.

Just wondering if this PBR increases the likelihood of an Election on 25th March. :shock:

Seems about right Baz; defer bonuses until the Tories get in, then let rip! :wink:

Personally I would rather a banker gets his bonus than a doley chav gets a rise in benefits in line with inflation. I don't see Brown cutting benefits so that we ALL help to combat the recession!! :wink:

Slight difference between a few bob for a Chav doley, especially at a time when non-chavs are joining the jobs queue; than a ?million in one's back pocket. :wink:

But you are taking the line that EVERY banker on a bonus will get a million pounds..... not quite true. And yes there are non chav doleys, but the ones that are there shouldn't get a rise. In fact I would have them out licking the moss of the tarmac before I would give them a penny!