Warrington officially worse place in UK

Esteem

Tax on money you`ve already been taxed on ?

Sounds like VAT and at least a hundred other different taxes I can mention.

Not at all, you are taxed on your earnings once, then you pay additional taxes on goods you buy from time to time.

Inheritnce tax isn't taken when you purchase something, it is taxation purely on money you have already paid tax on, a double tax.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tax on money you`ve already been taxed on ?

Sounds like VAT and at least a hundred other different taxes I can mention.

Not at all, you are taxed on your earnings once, then you pay additional taxes on goods you buy from time to time.

In the case of businesses though you get a 'refund (for want of a better word) on your purchases but get taxed on your sales. The latter obviously being a higher amount than the former hence there is always something to pay to the tax man :?

Inheritence tax isn't taken when you purchase something, it is taxation purely on money you have already paid tax on, a double tax.

Yes the 'you' in question will have already paid tax on it once but when the 'you' pops their clogs and the money goes to their beneficiery they wont have paid the original tax so it is classed as new and additional income to them ...so THEY have to pay new tax.

Guess that's what you were saying so I have no idea why I just said that. So there's another double for you :lol::lol::oops:

I don't agree with taxing things that have already been taxed by the way.

Think you'll find most of our taxes are duplicated anyway - car tax: supposedly for highway improvement, just goes into the big pot, together with every other tax - so you can finish up paying road tax and income tax towards the same expenditure headings. Tax is a source of revenue for Government and if there's ripe fruit around it'll get picked - especially in these days of austerity. :shock: