Warrington officially worse place in UK

Esteem

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If folk who are poor, knew what life has to offer if your rich - maybe they'd die of misery; but fortunately for the rich they don't - so not knowing allows them some happiness in their ignorance! :wink:

Given that most rich people didn't start out rich, I would suggest that their "happiness" is due to them becoming rich rather than out of their ignorance, also probably explains why they fight to hold on to their wealth. :wink:

Funny how most poor people don't start out rich though....

So what is wrong with making money then giving it to your kids when you die? I love my kids to bits and if I could leave them both as millionaires when I snuffed it I would do.

No sense in making life difficult for your own flesh and blood is there?

So what is wrong with making money then giving it to your kids when you die? I love my kids to bits and if I could leave them both as millionaires when I snuffed it I would do.

No sense in making life difficult for your own flesh and blood is there?

Strange statement for someone who detests people getting handouts.

Surely, it is better for mankind to work for his results than to have them handed to them on a plate. :shock::?

Quite the opposite Peter. There is a huge difference between getting state handouts which are paid for by people who don't particularly want their hard earned taxes to pay for a bunch of pregnant teenagers or druggie chavs to live in council houses and me leaving my hard earned cash to the people I love when I die. If you can't see that you must be daft. Obs, you would never get in on my blind side because I have enough foresight to see you coming!!

I can't believe that anyone on here would deprive their kids of a chance that they themselves may not have been afforded when they were young. Having grown up in Bewsey and not having a great deal, of cash, I absolutely delight in letting my kids have treats that my parents could never have afforded. My business partner (who also grew up in Bewsey) often recalls the tales of sharing a box room with his brother and waking up to half an inch of ice on the inside of the windows in winter....

We both do OK, but I hope one day to leave my kids a nice big lump to start their lives off on a higher rung than I did. (Unless of course they are a druggie in which case I will leave it all to the RSPCA!)

My business partner (who also grew up in Bewsey) often recalls the tales of sharing a box room with his brother and waking up to half an inch of ice on the inside of the windows in winter....

Sharing box rooms and waking up to ice on the windows was not something that only ever happened in Bewsey Baz :lol:

We had it too and used to etch our names and put patterns in the ice whilst wrapped in our covers. It was blummin freezing :shock::lol:

Which is exactly my point Dis. I wouldn't want my kids to go through that and if they have kids; them neither. I want to make as much momney as I can to be comfortable but also to leave as much as I can to my kids to give them a good start.... a bit awkward with the 23 year old as he works for me and is already taking money off me!!

And how does "starting your kids off, on a higher rung of the ladder" tie in with meritocracy? They could be a thick a two short planks, a complete waster etc. I've known self made folk, who've built up a buisiness - and good luck to them: but I've also seen the state of some of the kids who are due to inherit all that hard work - and it merely proves that genetics arn't foolproof. :roll:

And how does "starting your kids off, on a higher rung of the ladder" tie in with meritocracy? They could be a thick a two short planks, a complete waster etc. I've known self made folk, who've built up a buisiness - and good luck to them: but I've also seen the state of some of the kids who are due to inherit all that hard work - and it merely proves that genetics arn't foolproof. :roll:

Just like most politicians (past and present) then eh? :wink::wink:

A sizable inheritance tax and death duties could deal with the problem LP. :wink:
You mean tax on money you've already been taxed on? Yeah, good idea :roll: (no winking smiley)

Tax on money you`ve already been taxed on ?

Sounds like VAT and at least a hundred other different taxes I can mention.