Town Performances at Home

Long John

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scientists have proven that teams that play in red generally perform better and win more games on average than those in other colours.

Town's away kit is red!

The big cup games we won at home this season were when we played in red!

Perhaps the Yellows should become the reds! :shock:

Red wins, Said the Real Madrid fan to the Barcelona fan

Not that old chestnut Gary. Its not doing Liverpool much good this season is it.

Y & B is tradition. Warrington colours. We are not little Liverpool, or anyother red team for that matter. We'd probaly be the same in all white, or all something else.

From my point of view I think Town play better away because the pressure is off them, everyone expects a home win no matter who you play or what division you are in, so they can play there open football which is great to see away from home.

At home I think with the added pressure of a win infront of your own fans it sometimes has a negative affect on chances infront of goal which we have seen this season at Cantilever Park.

Also with Town doing so well in the league this season, I would expect Joey to install a No-pressure way to proceedings going into matches as I dont think we are at a point (just yet) to match that of the expectation levels within the promotion favourite clubs.

But lets enjoy it while we can and lets see if the players and management can match that of the Fans expectations

Not that old chestnut Gary. Its not doing Liverpool much good this season is it.

Y & B is tradition. Warrington colours. We are not little Liverpool, or anyother red team for that matter. We'd probaly be the same in all white, or all something else.

It is not an old Chesnut - it is a scientifically proven fact that teams playing in red win a higher percentage of games than those playing in other colours.

While Liverpool may not be setting the world on fire this season - on average they have won more than any other none red team.

The fact is over the past 50 years the three most successful teams in the Football league, Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal all play in red.

Maybe if Liverpool had been playing in blue like Everton they would be down the wrong end of the table.

Obviously money is also a big factor which helps Chelsea buck the trend! :roll:

From my point of view I think Town play better away because the pressure is off them, everyone expects a home win no matter who you play or what division you are in, so they can play there open football which is great to see away from home.

At home I think with the added pressure of a win infront of your own fans it sometimes has a negative affect on chances infront of goal which we have seen this season at Cantilever Park.

Also with Town doing so well in the league this season, I would expect Joey to install a No-pressure way to proceedings going into matches as I dont think we are at a point (just yet) to match that of the expectation levels within the promotion favourite clubs.

But lets enjoy it while we can and lets see if the players and management can match that of the Fans expectations

The vocal support away from home is pretty much the same as at home.

But as you say lets enjoy it while we can and it is good to see Warrington competing at the right end of the table for a change!

It is not an old Chesnut - it is a scientifically proven fact that teams playing in red win a higher percentage of games than those playing in other colours.

While Liverpool may not be setting the world on fire this season - on average they have won more than any other none red team.

The fact is over the past 50 years the three most successful teams in the Football league, Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal all play in red.

Maybe if Liverpool had been playing in blue like Everton they would be down the wrong end of the table.

Obviously money is also a big factor which helps Chelsea buck the trend! :roll:

What about the most successful team in European club football Real Madrid

and the three most successful in international football Germany, Italy and Brazil none of which play in red. Science dosent always get it right so you cant rely on it totally :D

What percentage of teams play in red though? If they are the majority, then statistically any comparison isn't accurate because your sample sizes are different. It's like saying red cars are involved in more accidents than any other colour - it's true. But there are more red cars on the road, so even if they only have the average number of accidents each, the total is greater than any other colour.

Colour therapists argue that different colours affect performance, mood and wellbeing - hence the fast food chains are usually in the "hurry up" colours red/orange/yellow and hospitals are usually in the "relaxing" green/blue shades. Red might motivate the wearer or intimidate the viewer, so it may be red wearers do a bit better, or it may be that those playing against red wearers do slightly worse than usual in the face of the colour.

As for Warrington Town FC, I don't think the colour of shirts is their main problem.....

Do you think we could manage a home kit of all red and an away kit of all..................................................................................... scarlet. Then started painting the town red.

What a horrible thought. Yellow & blue forever. WARRINGTON COLOURS, FOOTBALL & RUGBY. Always have been (well almost) and hopefully alays will be.

Do you think we should ask Manu U, Liverpool and Arsenal to change colours just to test the theory. United could have eight different colour kits then, just none of them red, oh or gray in case they get lost and can't find each other.

lol

LymmParent: Have you been to watch any Town games this season?? From your points made obviously not, maybe you should try visiting Cantilever Park sometime and witness the improvement the Club has made both on and Off the pitch!!

Oh and if you do decide to visit for a home match, please do your research before hand - http://www.supportthetown.co.uk/ you may be pleasantly surprised how well Town are doing and to save you from embarrassment if you was to make a wrong comment to someone during the game.

LymmParent: Have you been to watch any Town games this season?? From your points made obviously not, maybe you should try visiting Cantilever Park sometime and witness the improvement the Club has made both on and Off the pitch!!

Oh and if you do decide to visit for a home match, please do your research before hand - http://www.supportthetown.co.uk/ you may be pleasantly surprised how well Town are doing and to save you from embarrassment if you was to make a wrong comment to someone during the game.

And where, O Furious One, did I indicate any opinion of Town? The thread topic is whether their better away results are due to kit colours. I did not suggest any lack of ability or comment on their success rate. I simply said, as I would say of any team, that in football, the secret to success is putting the ball in the net. If you do that more than the other team, no matter who plays in what colour, you win more.

How many WTFC games have I attended then? For all you know, I'm married to one of them and go every week, home AND away. That'd make you look silly, wouldn't it?

As for Warrington Town FC, I don't think the colour of shirts is their main problem.....

Please enlighten me?

Well clearly their main problem is other teams putting the ball in the net more often than they do. If they overcome that, they'll win more..... :lol:

I think the above statement from yourself indicates you are implying that Town are apparently struggling and you are having a cheap dig at there performances!

Town are infact at the right end of the Table for once, and if you have been to any of the games this season you would know that!? and you would also know that scoring is not really the problem this season, again if you have attended the games you would know this.

So to me it seems like you are not really a supporter of the team and don't attend many fixtures

Please enlighten me?

Well clearly their main problem is other teams putting the ball in the net more often than they do. If they overcome that, they'll win more..... :lol:

I think the above statement from yourself indicates you are implying that Town are apparently struggling and you are having a cheap dig at there performances!

Town are infact at the right end of the Table for once, and if you have been to any of the games this season you would know that!? and you would also know that scoring is not really the problem this season, again if you have attended the games you would know this.

So to me it seems like you are not really a supporter of the team and don't attend many fixtures

Right, so you DO think the colour of their shirts IS their main problem? All I said was that it wasn't. And logically, in the real world, that is true. Anything you INFER, ASSUME or otherwise GUESS that I MIGHT have been thinking is your problem, so don't get in my face about it.

I did not say scoring was their problem - I said the reason they lost was other teams scored more than they did. Quite apart from that being a small jokey remark (get a friend WITH a sense of humour to explain that to you), it is just as likely to mean I feel the defence needs beefing up or the goalie needs new specs. As I said, I didn't mean anything by it, except the truism that scoring most goals wins!

You are belittling the team, not me - "right end of the table FOR ONCE" is your idea of support?

Just to put you back in your box, I've got a son who isn't old enough to attend alone and is devoted to the team, as only kids that age can be, so he attends every home game and any away games we can manage. I end up going to about half of the home games - but I didn't throw that at you last time because in fairness, I probably wouldn't go if my son wasn't so keen. However, as he is, you'll find I am delighted when they do well, and take an interest because it matters so much to my lad.

LP, Perhaps you could come and say hello. Some of us are stood behind the Home dug-out.

I would like to meet the poster who gives as fgood as she gets and sometimes more.

You could always go to say hello to Furious behind the goal, but I doubt you would hear what was said.

Not really worth a reply LP because you quite clearly contradict yourself with your comments!

If you say you have been to the games then you will have known that this season we have had 3 different Goalkeepers, and each one of them have had injuries which does not do well for the defence.

The defence themselves have had a number of changes of players and positions but is now finally settled into a good strong unit of players.

Once again you would have known this if you have seen Town play this season so my point is that you have contradicted yourself on a number of occasions during this topic whilst in discussion with myself

Its great to see that you do attend along with your young lad, just dont mix up your comments with contradiction as you will be going round in circles.

Not really worth a reply LP because you quite clearly contradict yourself with your comments!

If you say you have been to the games then you will have known that this season we have had 3 different Goalkeepers, and each one of them have had injuries which does not do well for the defence.

The defence themselves have had a number of changes of players and positions but is now finally settled into a good strong unit of players.

Once again you would have known this if you have seen Town play this season so my point is that you have contradicted yourself on a number of occasions during this topic whilst in discussion with myself

Its great to see that you do attend along with your young lad, just dont mix up your comments with contradiction as you will be going round in circles.

I really do wish you would bloody well read what I DID write instead of making up your own versions and replying to what you think I might have meant. I posted that "the other team scores more than they do" was the reason for losses. It is. It always is at football. That was the joke - and believe me I now sincerely wish I had not bothered to make it.

You decided that it was a vicious attack by me on your forwards and shouted at me. I replied that it wasn't an attack on the forwards, it wasn't a go at anybody and you could just as easily have read it as criticism of defence or goalkeeper. I was NOT making criticism of defence or goalkeeper - I WAS pointing out that your interpretation of my perfectly innocent remark was bollocks! Argue with that if you want, but stop damn well arguing with me over things I did not say.

I NEVER posted a word of criticism or comment about the team or results. Never. Read it all again. I joined in a silly chat about whether shirt colours are the deciding factor and you decided to pick a fight. Now shut it and go back to shaving your knuckles or I will come down that end and chin you!