Fiddlers Ferry GC

disgusted

Originally posted by Adrian:

Take it you mean TFG?

Went to the range on Sunday (?4 for 70 balls) and had a nose at the Course. Looks good considering its new. Dont know the Par though.

However ?12 for midweek and ?15 for weekend is a bit steep for a 9 hole

Aye, although I imagine that's for 18.

It is teep considering that's more or less the cost of Walton Hall, which has had a fortune spent on it since September, it'll be interesting to see how it turns out in the spring as I haven't been down yet.

Originally posted by JayC:

Fatshaft.

Walton is playing like a dog its a shame it was a fantastic course right now its a waste of money.

John

I would imagine so, with all the rain there's been. Going to have a cycle down on Friday to see how the new greens are looking.

I never play in the winter now since moving to England, can't be doing with winter greens.

All that said, I'm hoping this work pays off and Walton gets back to how it was a few years ago

8)

Adrian.

I have played Chorley you are right its not an easy course it must have been designed by a mountain goat, but if you think that is bad you need to try Skipton (Yorkshire) not sure you need cleats on your shoes , but clampons would help.

John

[ 14.02.2008, 14:20: Message edited by: JayC ]

All - thanks for the tips on alternatives. I only really play Walton on a Sunday for the medals, as I work away now during the week and play around the Leamington/Coventry area.

I will check some out if I get a chance though.

Originally posted by JayC:

Fatshaft.

Walton is playing like a dog its a shame it was a fantastic course right now its a waste of money.

John

Went down yesterday to walk the course Jay, the new greens are absolutely unbelievable. As you know a lot of the course is like a sponge at the moment, and the greens were often as bad in the past.

However the new greens were like concrete yesterday, they are going to stand up tremendously well, and the new bunkering also looked good, although the approach to the 12th is now going to be very tricky as they've put a large one on the front right knuckle which means you can't bounce one in. I can see a lot of shots going down the slope left of the green now.

I'm actually looking forward to April now and digging the clubs out in anger again. :D