PICCADILLY 1929 Silent Film

Jerry

All I wanted to see was Anna Mae Wong in an allllllmost leading role. What a treasure this movie was, though. The director, a German in London was creative and brilliant. There was Cyril Ritchard as a night club dancer, Charles Laughton and Ray Milland as background players without any lines. There was a Chinese fellow who spoke with a Cockney accent, according to the dialog cards. The story was multi-layered with passion and seduction and jealousy. I've always thought the song OLD LIMEHOUSE BLUES was set in a Chinatown, but I never knew the Chinatown was in England. And yes, I enjoyed the vision of Anna Mae Wong as an alllllmost leading lady. Two thumbs way up!

• 3 weeks later...

If you mean THE THING WITH TWO HEADS his mad scientist head was grafted onto the shoulders of football legend Roosevelt Greer. I didn't see it. Looked too uninteresting.

Steve Martin was in THE MAN WITH TWO BRAINS - an excellent comedy -- I've managed to see it 3 or 4 times.